New FPV build

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just about to complete a new FPV quad build, this one based on the Hoverthings FlipFPV frame. This frame is a variation of the older Hoverthings FPV frame using arms that are similar in design to the QAV500 but made of 1/4 inch thick G10 rather than the aluminum alloy of the QAV. When completed I'll have the TBS Discovery, QAV500, and the FlipFPV in the fleet and once the weather warms a bit I'll do a flight test comparison of the three.

IMG_2739A.jpg

IMG_2743A.jpg

IMG_2741A.jpg

Components so far are Hoverthings FlipFPV frame, HK Blue series 30A ESCs reflashed with SimonK firmware, iPower 2217Q motors same as I use on my TBS Disco, RCTimer APM 2.5 flight controller, APC thin electric 9 x 6 props, 4S battery. Once I get it in the air and see how it flys I'll decide what else to add, at a minimum it will get an FPV cam and video TX, if I really like the way it flys it may get an EZUHF, GoPro, and OSD.

If all goes well on the remainder of the assembly and the weather cooperates it should see its first FPV flight this coming weekend.

Ken