new and need help

barway9

this is the first time i have ever posted on any forum and do not know what i am doing. I have never flown any rc planes other than on flight simulators. I want to learn about flying a multi rotor and where i can read about what i need to get started. Help

Wayne

Crash

Defies Psychics
There's many different boards available and the choice really depends on what you are willing or able to do.

Some require computer skills, soldering, construction, research, etc. Let us know a little more info and you will hopefully get a better answer.

For starters, I would go with something on the small size. They don't break as easy. The KapteinKuk style boards are good for a starter board because tuning is done with a screwdriver and not a computer. You may decide on something else though or even a prebuilt quad.

Here's a couple links, I'm sure others will chime in:
http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Doc/Example+Airframes
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/pages/gear-list

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome to MRF barway9

I was new to this 7 months ago. I got a Gaui 330 flew straight out of the box and is quite tough.. there are many places that will send them RTF..

Where are you in our global community

Dave

barway9

Welcome to MRF barway9

I was new to this 7 months ago. I got a Gaui 330 flew straight out of the box and is quite tough.. there are many places that will send them RTF..

Where are you in our global community

Dave

we live close to Lubbock Texas. i want to take photos will the Gaui 330 lift a camera

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The 330 in its standard form will lift a small compact or a go pro but as it quite small it would not be very stable for camera work. But there are alternitive frames.. I know in the UK Quadcopters uk offers all sorts of different frame set ups, I am sure there must be the same in the US.. My original GAui was built on a 450 frame rather than a 330. My mate flyes a GAui built on a small 400 MK frame with a contour HD and FPV equipment no problem.

DAve

Macsgrafs

this is the first time i have ever posted on any forum and do not know what i am doing. I have never flown any rc planes other than on flight simulators. I want to learn about flying a multi rotor and where i can read about what i need to get started. Help

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

What flight sim are you using? If you can fly a few of the helis then this MR aircraft stuff will be fine....from what I'm told anyway ;)

Ross