Neighbors think I've finally lost my mind

Bison52

My neighbors have grown used to my front yard test flights but I'm pretty sure they think I've finally gone completely round the bend. Got my GPS for Naza installed and went out earlier to calibrate and a quick test even though very windy

As I calibrating the compass I look over to see my neighbor in his front yard watching 6'4" 250 lbs me twirling around in circles holding my hexa like a two stepping cowgirl. He just shook his head and went in the house.

Test flight very successful. Very windy. Can't say it was rock stolid but it held as well or better hands off in the wind in GPS Atti as I could hold it in Atti Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

Lol! Pure joy. I'm in the same boat. I've test flown my craft and did a few high altitude hover after building my craft and gaining confidence in it. Now, I'll launch it from my deck in GPS mode. It's funny to see the faces of people when I review the onboard video. They can't figure out if it's a drone, a toy, or UFO. My neighbors are amazed by it and comment that it's"cool".

meme

Some of my Neighbors don't salute me anymore, specially since i hover the 5kg AD6 in my Garden sometimes :livid:

Dewster

Some of my Neighbors don't salute me anymore, specially since i hover the 5kg AD6 in my Garden sometimes :livid:

Lol! I get a lot of oohs and ahhhs when I launch my Hexa. At the same time I wonder how many negative points I accumulate from some of my neighbors. I fly sparingly to keep the minus points down. I did a deck launch (balcony) yesterday. It was a quick launch up and out over bordering trees. No one saw the launch, but a few saw the return landing. It was funny watching the video. A couple stopped talking and had the "What the $:?;" look on their faces. Lol!

People can't tell if it's a toy or not so I haven't had any complaints yet. Knock on wood.