Need help on setting DJI NAZA GPS with Spektrum DX8

Mori55

Michael it works fine. If you read that whole link that's just his way of doing it. It's perfect on my DX8 and f450 quad. Trust me on this

Michael

Hello Mori55 I do not know what you will say now because I cannot open this file my laptop will not open it SORRY Michael

Michael

Hi
Mori55 tomorrow Ill try reading it through to see if i can do it that way ok regards Michael I feel such a mug

Hi Michael, I just wanted to encourage you, it's not just you. Don't give up, hang in there. I know exactly what you're talking about. I bought my F550 with my DX8 transmitter already set up. My difference is I am using the WooKong System. Unfortunately when I received mine none of the switches and the failsafe is not working as marked. I read the manual watched dozens of videos read tons of posts. It always seems like there's a step or two left off, Or they use some terms I'm not used to or they use some terms I'm not familiar with. Something is different ever so slightly than my setup. I have stumbled around and got most things working even know my failsafes which still doesn't work correctly but my lost connection with my transmitter does. I don't think it was actually the people's fault that I got my 550 from. I think somewhere along the line someone did a firmware or software update and it changed everything. Obviously at some point I think it worked correctly.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's your age or your level of intelligence. I think it's just really difficult to program the DX8 transmitter with limited experience in this hobby. Hang in there keep asking questions and I'm sure you'll be up and flying in no time. You're an inspiration at your age for us to keep on trying new things! And if I have any bit of knowledge that I can share to help you I will.

All the best, Tony

northrnflyer

Hello Mori55 I do not know what you will say now because I cannot open this file my laptop will not open it SORRY Michael

You don't need to open it on your computer, put the SD card from the dx8 into your computer and copy that file onto the SD card. Then take the SD card and put it into your dx8. Import the file on card to a model on your controller. Check the switches to make sure they work in dji assistant (they will)set rth or land in autopilot and set your preset failsafe on your rx(if it has that feature) and your done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Hello Sound Advantage will try this during the coming week It has been most frustrating as I have had this 450 since last year and have looked everywhere for step by step instructions ..... trouble is there are two ways of doing it and so far apart from the Heli one I have now no others are available on the plane set up . Anyway I do appreciate the help I am getting here, and hopefully will actually get it flying SOON and NOT like the 330 X which CRASHED !!! Regards Michael

Michael

One question i would like to ask everyone who has offered help and all have been very helpful . Why when the throttle is less than 10% are the motors set to stop . surely if the quad is in the air and the motors stop it will crash if the pilot is not quick enough to restart .
I do not understand this part of the flying of this model . at least with the 330 X the motors did not stop with the throttle at zero [ it crashed for another reason ] Regards Michael

02deuce

Time Warped
Different controllers (330 X Naza) Most fail safes (Airplane, Helicopter) you don't want the the motors running to prevent damage when landing. In the case of multi rotors you do want the motors to keep running, so that it can RTH. During the fail safe transfer of control (TX to MC) it is telling the MC not shut down the motors. The most common mistake make during Naza/WKM setup is understand the difference and procedures for setting up a normal TX control bind and a failsafe bind. (JR/Spectrum)
Once you understand it, know how to program it and most importantly know how to check it then all is good.

Michael

Hello 02deuce Very good BUT I really do not understand what you mean ... Just look at me as an idiot that needs have everything explained to me, as I know absolutely NOTHING about what I am trying to do . I can fly the toy 2 ghz heli my son bought me for Christmas, but talk about RTH and Im lost I think you mean return to home !!! I cant even find out how to download the Heli setup for this to my memory card I keep getting things about Spitfires !!!! Regards Michael maybe I should say very old Micheal or even too Old Michael LOL and I do know what that means !!!!!! everybody is very helpful here !

Michael

Hello Mori55 or anybody who can help !!! I have now after some attempts got nearly there using the freechip setup however let me say where the problem is right now 1 course lock 2 home lock Flight mode switch 0 OFF 1 course lock 2 nothing . so the problem I have is why flight mode working and no blue on Attitude . Can you suggest what I am doing wrong Regards Michael

Mori55

Your flight mode switch is 3 position. 1 Manuel. 2 alti. 3 gps. You have to be in gps for home lock , course lock. The switch on the left side back is your failsafe. In that link I sent you , it will tell you how to set it. What receiver are you using?

Michael

Your flight mode switch is 3 position. 1 Manuel. 2 alti. 3 gps. You have to be in gps for home lock , course lock. The switch on the left side back is your failsafe. In that link I sent you , it will tell you how to set it. What receiver are you using?
Hello still not used to using Forums but have managed to reach Freechip who is the one who gave the setup here for the 450 in helicopter mode and he will be helping me for your info my equipment is the DX 8 and the AR 8000 but thanks for your input Regards Michael

tecnodog7

Hi Michael
Go into post 12 and just set up your dx8 as the guy in the video just take your time stop and start video as required good luck.
DX8
Gear Switch = Fail Safe
F Mode Switch = GPS ATTI MAN
Aux #2 = Home Course OFF

The way i have it set up is

Hold switch = Fail Safe
but when i go into the naza software it doesn't go onto failsafe. If someone can help it would be great

jemcd

I am new to all this, this forum and these quads, I just got a DX9, DJI 550 with Naza V2 & Gps, And can not get it set up, been looking at Utube tried all those still no luck, It has been 30 year since I played with this stuff, this DX9 is a lil different than my old futaba 6ch with big long ant. I have been looking for a setupfile and can not find one for a DX9 lot for the DX8, any ideas where to look? any help would be great thanks

Last edited by a moderator: