Discussion Need briefing on new rules

Ray Ellis

I need to get a clear picture of what I can and cant do and in what airspace I can work in. I'm 107 operator with a FAA cert. Haven't been in the game for a while so I'm not up to par on what has been happening
With a 107 operation and under 55 lbs. do I need an "N" number or do I label my crafts ( Inspire 1 , S1000) with my FA number I got when w all had to register as drone flyers.
If I'm using a 107 I can only fly in Class G airspace and would need further advanced approval for operations in other airspace classes?
What about if I operate for someone on a 333 ? Do I need N numbers on the aircraft for that?

I really need to get a handle on all this. Is there a good link to help clarify ?

In another post Old man mentioned that the FA number is sufficient, Heres what he wrote "The aircraft registration process under both sections 47 and 48 are legal for commercial work. So that fast and easy hobby registration you did for all your models does not have to be changed". So I guess I should go look at part 47 and 48. An N numbered craft would need to be inspected and certified IMO. Class G only, yes. There may be some rare convoluted circumstance where you could enter E without permission like flying over a structure that put you up that high but it wouldn't be a typical thing that you would run into. Not sure about how 333 applies.

Old Man

If the aircraft is certified by a Part 333 operator it would be so certified using the standard aircraft registration process and end up with an N number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk