Mikrokopter Need an I2c isolator board, Mikrokopter!!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

Would anyone happen to know if/where the I2c isolator boards are available? I haven't seen them in a while and I used the one I had in my last MK build. There's a new MK build coming across my bench and I'd like to wire the BL's loose on the frame with the I2c Isolator board distributing the I2c stream to the individual BL's.

Thanks!
Bart

Bartman

fwiw, with this build i'm going to try to indoctrinate a new generation to the MK system. MK flight controllers are extremely capable units and the price they're going for in the classifieds is not representative of what you're getting for the money. a well built MK 4S helicopter (FC2.2 and BL 2.0's) will carry up to about 12 to 13 pounds with an Okto and will outfly everything on a very windy day. With stock settings! Read that as no tuning just set up and fly using beginner mode.

hush_kit

fwiw, with this build i'm going to try to indoctrinate a new generation to the MK system. MK flight controllers are extremely capable units and the price they're going for in the classifieds is not representative of what you're getting for the money. a well built MK 4S helicopter (FC2.2 and BL 2.0's) will carry up to about 12 to 13 pounds with an Okto and will outfly everything on a very windy day. With stock settings! Read that as no tuning just set up and fly using beginner mode.

Looking forward to it! I'm inheriting a Mikrokopter hexacopter from a neighbor that has given up so I can use whatever help you're offering!

Bartman

Gary, I did see that board and it's a good option but I'm not sure I want to run both batteries through it as well as the I2c stream. I suppose I can use it for just the I2c stream, maybe I'll order one just to have a closer look.

Bart

Hi Bart,
excuse my ignorance, but what´s the purpose?I`m running my ESc under the boom and getting very good results temperature wise..but I`m wiring old school..

Bartman

that board is just a nice way to distribute the I2c signal and I believe it also has some buffering built into it should one BL's I2c circuit short out.