Naza pulls right.

Greg

Just tried the new naza M-V2 for a test flight.Everything calibrated.My quad is tiptop.I had green indicating good gps,waited 30 secs before taking off forn level ground.With the exact quad my et vector would take off easier and stabilier without using gps.Perhaps a suggestion.I am going to manual fly to eliminate gps after lunch.Here is a pick to give idea of what I am dealing with.My quad is perfectly balanced,although it may appear not to be.not sure why Defaults in DJI's assistant software
Basic Gains:
Roll/Pitch 125%.I think this is the issue.

http://imgur.com/kpjxxDZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

I just reran the assistant cal and advanced calibration.When I first ran the quad was tilted.I ran it after using a small level ontop of fc and had to prop up right side to get it level.Then I ran calibration.This might explain the right drift.Will test in morning.I would prefer not to use the gps to fly.My first time flying anything was with the vector on this quad without gps.I didnt even crash,a few forward toppled landings though.nothing heavy.Thanks for the tip.What model is in your bio?

hjls3

yep Greg that would do it - hopefully prob fixed for you. I rarely if ever use GPS - i always set it up and make sure its working perfect - due to failsafes relying on it - that model is a Gryphon 900mm Hex - I have a couple Gryphon frames and love them. hope your testing goes good.

Greg

I will use gps but I think knowing how to handle my machine barebones is vital.Thanks, and by the way thats a mean frame.:)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
As mentioned earlier - make sure your settings are correct for the physical GPS pick location. The positive/negative on the XYZ axis description in the assistant can be a little confusing.

Also, check to see if you are supposed to angle the GPS for declination. This has always seemed hit/miss to me on the Naza. But I believe technically the GPS should be angled to compensate for the location on the globe you're at.

Greg

Good morning.Holiday monday here.I forgot about the xyz settings in naza.I relocated the puck closer to cog and entered measurements correctly.Yesterday i flew with bringing the gains down in the software and tamed the sensitivity nicely.I havent tried the compass relocation with the xyz inputs yet.I will be going out shortly.I also set the declination to my cordinates (-10 DEG).Well seel how it goes.Here is pic with relocated puck,I also dont fly yet with camera gimble.

http://imgur.com/NR7lAhO

hjls3

you for sure want those xyz settings dialed, you'll also want to re-calibrate (naza dance) if you have relocated GPS. i seem to recall v2 naza correcting for declination - however on all my dji FCs i have the puck rotated - can't hurt. if you are having a declination issue - Usually it shows itself by 'toilet bowling" - i would think a drift to the right would be something else -

Greg

Just tested.I didnt even bother taking off.I can tell when giving throttle thats going to pull straight back and probaly crash.This is atti mode.I was looking through the forums and gps mode isnt really advised or liked.Thats fine by me because I would prefer not to use gps mode anyway,unless emergency RTL which I have on a seperate 2 position switch that over rides all modes when engaged.I am going to probaly spend the day researching and might give it another go before sundown.

Greg

NO.I just realized that after testing.Im gonna do the physical cal and try on my back deck.There is no need to take to tell what its gonna do in the air.Going to get it sorted,just gotta get it dialed/tweeked.I did create a new model yesterday and reconfigured the taranis.Figured it couldint hurt.What I may do is reflash the firmware to get it clean.I will see how it goes after the dance before reflashing.