Naza M Lite with Devo 7 transmitter

Rook33

Rook
I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. I have a Devo 7 radio that I want to use with my naza m lite and need to know how to set the 3 position "mix" switch and if there are any others that I need to set. Any help?

Roto5411

Nick,

I'm using a Devo 7 with a NAZA-M and can't figure out how to configure the pitch control on my gimbal, a Quantum Q-2D. I suspect I'm missing a programming step in the transmitter.
Connections check: AUX1 & 2 on Devo RX701 to X1 & 2 on NAZA. Bottom pin on NAZA F1 to "PIT" or tilt socket. Powering gimbal with 14.8V LiPo and it provides acceptable stabilization for Hero3.
I can't get the Devo 7 transmitter's AUX2 knob to control the pitch on the gimbal. On NAZA Basic/RC screen the X2 stick monitor moves back and forth while tuning the AUX2 knob on the Devo 7, but even with
gimbal turned ON in the NAZA Advanced/Gimbal menu there is no response. Like I say, suspect I'm missing a step in the Devo 7 setup.

Roto

Last edited by a moderator:

Roto5411

Thought I had this fixed but it turns out I only get full up or full down control with the X2 knob of the transmitter through the X1 channel. I even tried the directions on HeliPal's F550 site which shows AUX1 from the receiver to X2 on the NAZA and AUX2 to X1 (but in the same picture they don't show any gimbal connections hooked to F1 or F2 on the NAZA?). If I switch the DEVO7 Output to AUX2: AUX2 and ACT then I can get control but then I lose IOC or Failsafe control. Very frustrating as I've tried every combination of Outputs in the menu and each seems to effect the other.

Roto5411

You need to connect the GPS puck via the grey wire to the EXP input on the NAZA. The connector goes in flat across the top right next to the LED connector. You have the external LED controller unit with the word VSEN/GND/X3 wired correctly because the LED is flashing. Once you get the GPS puck hooked up it should start flashing red and green until the controller finds itself. You may have to swing the compass and then when the controller initializes the LED will flash Green about 10-times. This is an indication it has marked its return to home position and then when the light starts flashing green you are ready for flight. Apologize for the slow response, have been on holiday for the past three weeks!

dmitriybragin

Hi! I have the same probled. Did you solve it?

Nick,

I'm using a Devo 7 with a NAZA-M and can't figure out how to configure the pitch control on my gimbal, a Quantum Q-2D. I suspect I'm missing a programming step in the transmitter.
Connections check: AUX1 & 2 on Devo RX701 to X1 & 2 on NAZA. Bottom pin on NAZA F1 to "PIT" or tilt socket. Powering gimbal with 14.8V LiPo and it provides acceptable stabilization for Hero3.
I can't get the Devo 7 transmitter's AUX2 knob to control the pitch on the gimbal. On NAZA Basic/RC screen the X2 stick monitor moves back and forth while tuning the AUX2 knob on the Devo 7, but even with
gimbal turned ON in the NAZA Advanced/Gimbal menu there is no response. Like I say, suspect I'm missing a step in the Devo 7 setup.

Roto

wsurftoga

What Dmitri said !!! I'm at that point trying to get the aux1 output wired to the gimbal I have, but cant get the aux1 output to be controlled by the aux2 knob. Is that possible ??

"Hi! I have the same probled. Did you solve it?"