Naza M Lite, F450, 1 motor spinning slowly and flying like a brick!

dedzyyy

Hi, I'm getting to the end of my teather with my f450.

When idling, 1 motor spins slower than the others. I replaced both motor and ESCs (Simon K) and re-calibrated many many times.

I've had more crashes than I've had succesful flights. If I hold the drone above my head, it constantly wants to pull in one direction or another. Constantly twitches.

Does anyone have any ideas before it goes in the trash?!

Thanks for any help,
Lee

XNS

Hi, I'm getting to the end of my teather with my f450.

When idling, 1 motor spins slower than the others. I replaced both motor and ESCs (Simon K) and re-calibrated many many times.

I've had more crashes than I've had succesful flights. If I hold the drone above my head, it constantly wants to pull in one direction or another. Constantly twitches.

Does anyone have any ideas before it goes in the trash?!

Thanks for any help,
Lee
Noooo not the trash!!!! Is this with a new lipo, not a known good lipo but a new lipo?

I have a few Naza’s and I’ve noticed as the lipo gets past 15 charges or so and begins loosing strength sagging. One of motors is a little delayed at throttle up. On a fresh charge with the same lipo once in the air, it does fly but not very accurate. When it gets worse, I cannot get a center throttle for hover, at ALL! Just an idea.

Do you have any images of your setup? The one item I wish the Naza lite had is the motor test that the Naza-M has.

dedzyyy

I've only really flown the thing properly about 4 times. I've got 4 batteries taking the heat off each other, so none of them have really been over worked. It has the same problems with each battery.

I think I'm gonna try to sell it and put the money towards either a Naza M or a Phantom.
Spent way too much of my life tinkering with setting and breaking props and landing gear.

XNS

I've only really flown the thing properly about 4 times. I've got 4 batteries taking the heat off each other, so none of them have really been over worked. It has the same problems with each battery.

I think I'm gonna try to sell it and put the money towards either a Naza M or a Phantom.
Spent way too much of my life tinkering with setting and breaking props and landing gear.
Sorry about that dedzyyy.
So, you have four new batteries. Are you using a good quality balanced charger?
many issues that arise with these look daunting, but turn out to be so obvious its never seen...
can you upload the specs on what you have and images of the components on the build?

dedzyyy

Yep, I have a good balance charger, always charged with the balance leads plugged in.

Emax Simonk Series 20amp ESCs
Sunnysky Angel A2212 980K motors
Naza lite
F450 frame
Turnigy 9X
Tarot T2d
Gopro 3 Silver

Can't get any photos. I'm just about to fly to Iceland, which is why I wanted the drone.

XNS

Yep, I have a good balance charger, always charged with the balance leads plugged in.

Emax Simonk Series 20amp ESCs
Sunnysky Angel A2212 980K motors
Naza lite
F450 frame
Turnigy 9X
Tarot T2d
Gopro 3 Silver

Can't get any photos. I'm just about to fly to Iceland, which is why I wanted the drone.

That's a bummer you're running out of time.
Parts are showing you have good components.
Wish we would have started this sooner.
With or without a Multirotor, have a great trip!!!

Hoki

resolder the motor that starts slow. One time that happened to me and it was cause one of the wires weren't soldered good cause it had like stuff in there with it and I guess it got in the way of good contact.

sircking

Hi mate from Australia, was having similar issues. I needed to go into transmitter servo settings and reduce throttle sevo to -120%. Then individually calibrate throttle range for each esc. Then go back into transmitter servo settings and reset the servo back to 100%. Then connect to naza assisstant and calibrate.

Sorry if this doesn't work mate.

All the best hope you had a good trip.

Pete