Naza Lite Flight Mode Question

Hood49

Hi Guys,

In my Naza Assistant in the flight modes I have a small drop down menu that I can select. I have manual selected now but for some strange reason I cannot get the values of the drop down box. They say it is always best to fly with GPS attitude. When I select GPS Only the "GPS" is blue. Attitude is greyed out.

Any ideas?

ScreenShot2014-08-22at093012_zpsff14f11d.png

vellocer

I'm no expert, but I think this screen is radio inputs... you need to setup ch 5 on your TX to change this value.(three way switch)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hood49

Thanks for your response.

I can change modes from GPS - Failsafe - Attitude - Manual

It is just that I can see a drop down, but I cannot see the values. No big deal I suppose. As long as I can fly GPS I am ok :)

Y0urDaddy

Understanding the different flight modes I did not think was very intuitive when I started looking at my Naza. My set up looks similar to yours, I can't select anything different in my drop down either. I typically fly in either GPS mode or manual mode but I am not really taking my F450 very far or high right now.

Hood49

Good to know that you have a similar configuration. I always fly GPS as i am still learning. It is so easy when you loose orientation and track to just let the stick go and it just hovers there. Gives you time to get your senses back ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Good to know that you have a similar configuration. I always fly GPS as i am still learning. It is so easy when you loose orientation and track to just let the stick go and it just hovers there. Gives you time to get your seances back ;-)

You can also set one channel to work with the Home Lock Function. that way no matter where is the front looking you can return it to home by simply pushing down the stick.

Hood49

Indeed, need to set that. I will google for some YouTube tutorials.

It is just that a couple of guys told me that it is quick dangerous to use the return-to-home function as you never know if the Naza set the "home" to where you are at this particular moment. There are some stories of quads flying back to the place where it was the day before. And that can be miles away!

Hood49

I have bought myself a Graupner MX-20 with GR-24 receiver. The DX6i was doing nasty things intermittently.

Took some time to get everything set up with the Naza Lite got everything working on the assistant yesterday evening. Including remote gains! Decided to take it out for a flight.
The motors would not arm. I was so p... off after all that work! Got back home and found out that I needed to reverse some sticks in the assistant. Doh... Good thing the quad did not take off after all. I would have been very messy ;-)

eirlink

Hi Guys,

In my Naza Assistant in the flight modes I have a small drop down menu that I can select. I have manual selected now but for some strange reason I cannot get the values of the drop down box. They say it is always best to fly with GPS attitude. When I select GPS Only the "GPS" is blue. Attitude is greyed out.

Any ideas?

ScreenShot2014-08-22at093012_zpsff14f11d.png

You cannot select the options in the drop down. its a limitation in the naza firmware.mine is the same.
i would prefer if dji allowed this option and i have informed them. lets see.