My First build and setting DJI WKM first time, need help!

EdinTN

Hello all,

I am building a Tarot 810 and using a DJI Wookong M auto pilot

My radio is a Futaba T8FG with a RX R6208SB
My ESC's are 30 A Wobbywing Platinum pro OPTO (used a Wobbywing program
box to set them up) did one at time using powered RX alone

Brake - Off
Battery Type - NiMH
Cutoff - soft
Low Voltage -
Low
Start Mode- Normal
Advanced timing - 15
Governor - Off
PPM Freq.
- 12 KHz
Lipo Cells - 6

Then I performed the throttle range setting same way, one at time...I have a problem as I cannot
hear the low pitch sounds so it was a "hope for the best" type deal ( I did
reverse the Futaba throttle channel) so turned radio with stick up and moved
down in the 2 seconds.
I finished all connections and downloaded the DJI WKM Assistant and
driver.
I had a Phantom before so I am kind of familiar with it.

My questions:
1- I understood that I need select TX for AERO per DJI --- So selected
Airplane on Futaba TX, is this correct?

2- Selected Tradition TX type on DJI Assistant (I know I could use one single cable aith S-Bus, just trying old fashion first)

3- Did the TX calibration, next I went to check if the rotation of motors
were correct (I had done that one by one while working with the ESC)...first
clicking on M1, M2... I had no response, so I went to advanced settings and set
all motors to 100%, click on M1 and it turns briefly...the M2,3,4,5,6, I get
NOTHING.

All connections are correct, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Ed

tombrown1

Have you tried checking motor rotation manually? Just make sure everything is set up right, leave the props off, and pretend you're flying. Just briefly start the motors and see which way they are spinning.

EdinTN

Have you tried checking motor rotation manually? Just make sure everything is set up right, leave the props off, and pretend you're flying. Just briefly start the motors and see which way they are spinning.

Hello,

Yes, I did it one by one and had it right for Hexa-Rotor V type.

I downloaded the WKM Assistant and noticed that they have an icon under Aircraft Tab that says "Motor Test", you can turn one motor at time by clicking on M1, M2.M3...etc When I click first time on M1, it turned for 1/2 second...the M2,3,4,5and 6 are doing nothing.

DJI says to go to advanced, there you can input % for each motor, I saw that all were in 0% so I changed to 100% for "T" and still, only the M1 turns.

I have not calibrated the compass or try to turn it on yet because I still setting up the radio, I just finished setting up for GPS/ATT/Manual and F/S (I hope they got it right, .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjBbAtybzes )...now another battle trying to understand and set up for IOC....

Thanks for replying!

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Sorry, I'm still using 5.16. It doesn't have this motor test. It seems unnecessary to me. Just get it all set up and then test the motors manually. That's all that matters.

Good luck.

rcmike

I'm guessing you live in TN by your username. Where are you? I might could help you out sometime if you are close.

EdinTN

Sorry, I'm still using 5.16. It doesn't have this motor test. It seems unnecessary to me. Just get it all set up and then test the motors manually. That's all that matters.

Good luck.

Hello Tom,

The motor test in the software must have a bug or did not like my Win 7 64 bit, I finally plug the battery and turned the hex on........motors would not turn until I changed the motor speed from "immediately" to "intelligent", after that all motors turn but I am having problem with the M1, at the minute start up the Hex, the M1 start turning even with the stick at 15%.......even if I give an angle to the Hex like if it was going forward, the M1 does not stop or slow down like the M2, I guess I need re-visit the M1 ESC? Anyone experienced the same problem before?

Thank You for your reply!

Ed

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Yes.... select airplane mode for Futaba T8FG. BTW - If your RC radio is somehow sending an RTH signal to your WKM controller, it will by default, prevent the Mutlitrotor motors from starting.............................. To help eliminate the risk of a RC radio configuration interfering with WKM controller functions, just follow closely Jon Desjardin's youtube videos on setting up the Futaba T8FG with the DJI controller......... basically the same whether Naza or WooKong.......Since I am still using firmware 5.20 I cannot offer suggestions on testing each motor individually from the WKM Assistant. However I installed power connectors between each motor and the DJI F550 flamewheel power board so that I could quickly balance each motor individually more easily.
Hello all,

I am building a Tarot 810 and using a DJI Wookong M auto pilot

My radio is a Futaba T8FG with a RX R6208SB
My ESC's are 30 A Wobbywing Platinum pro OPTO (used a Wobbywing program
box to set them up) did one at time using powered RX alone

Brake - Off
Battery Type - NiMH
Cutoff - soft
Low Voltage -
Low
Start Mode- Normal
Advanced timing - 15
Governor - Off
PPM Freq.
- 12 KHz
Lipo Cells - 6

Then I performed the throttle range setting same way, one at time...I have a problem as I cannot
hear the low pitch sounds so it was a "hope for the best" type deal ( I did
reverse the Futaba throttle channel) so turned radio with stick up and moved
down in the 2 seconds.
I finished all connections and downloaded the DJI WKM Assistant and
driver.
I had a Phantom before so I am kind of familiar with it.

My questions:
1- I understood that I need select TX for AERO per DJI --- So selected
Airplane on Futaba TX, is this correct?

2- Selected Tradition TX type on DJI Assistant (I know I could use one single cable aith S-Bus, just trying old fashion first)

3- Did the TX calibration, next I went to check if the rotation of motors
were correct (I had done that one by one while working with the ESC)...first
clicking on M1, M2... I had no response, so I went to advanced settings and set
all motors to 100%, click on M1 and it turns briefly...the M2,3,4,5,6, I get
NOTHING.

All connections are correct, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Ed