MultiRotorForums.com Vendor of the Year

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for nominations for vendor of the year. The vendor should be a multi-rotor based commercial operation and can be located anywhere in the world. We'll get nominations and then put the top five out there for a poll and try to have a winner picked by the end of the year.
There are numerous qualifications for this distinction but your comments will bring out the most important ones for us to consider. This is an open discussion of the vendors we utilize every day to keep our heli's in the air. Likes and dislikes are appropriate however I will require all comments to be civil and courteous. :applouse::applouse::applouse:

I don't know what the prize will be but just the recognition and a pat on the back by our members of the hobby ought to be a good start.

So let's hear from the membership!

Thanks,
Bartman

Bartman

I ask that if you have a business interest or relationship with a particular vendor that you please clearly articulate that relationship as part of your comments.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk

Reason.. for living and breathing everything mulitrotors 24/7/365 and his dedication to perfection and customer support. EVEN to people who did not buy from him!

Dave

Bartman

What I appreciate about Geoff is that he's out here in the community participating with fly-ins and forums activities. He's busy with his business but he's also a pilot and community participant. That's important to me.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Geoff at quadcopters.co.uk

Reason.. for living and breathing everything mulitrotors 24/7/365 and his dedication to perfection and customer support. EVEN to people who did not buy from him!

Dave

I'll second that. Always helpfull and replies to my emails any time of the day or night! He also sent me my new motors before I even payed for them :)

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just wait till you see what he has been upto this last couple of days!

He is pushing the boat out to help us all but was a bit embarrassed about his final comment on the video so he is going to do a retake... if it stops blowing and raining!

Its pure quality and at his risk to!

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Just wait till you see what he has been upto this last couple of days!

He is pushing the boat out to help us all but was a bit embarrassed about his final comment on the video so he is going to do a retake... if it stops blowing and raining!

Its pure quality and at his risk to!

Dave

I hate these little surprises you always have for us, it's killing me! Come on, spill the beans... :)

Is it something to do with the new airframe he got last week??

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I nominate MK for their quality customer care after the sale. :strawberry:

(Somebody had to do it.):highly_amused:

In reply to Crash I have to report on MK CS.

I got a new FC on sept 24th. I commissioned the ADX3 on the FC and it flew perfectly. after three packs of perfect flight I strapped on the AV130. Was really cheesed off coz the roll servo output did not work.. This was on the sunday night. I posted on the MK International forum and had a very quick reply from what would transpire to be an MK employee. I used the online form to report the problem the same night and at 6.30 GMT I got a return code. I sent my FC back and I was informed by MK on every step the board went along. It was reported to me that it was a fault on the MK board and it was repaired and sent back to me within 10 days.

That to me is good CS... Now how much this has to do with current events and the release of competitive FC's is another matter.. I could not vote for them as Vendor of the year but in my case I had a good experience with MK CS.

Dave

Macsgrafs

I have 3 companies that I would highly recomend.

1)Droidworx in New Zealand. Customer service, email comms & telephone comms are 2nd to NONE!!!! I have had 2 FREE updates to my SJ8, without asking...they just turn up out of the blue (other manufacturers takke note....this is REAL customer service).

2)Quadcopters UK...rapid dispatch of my MK FC & great tech support.

3)Quadcopters USA, for goign above & beyond the call of duty in getting a diversity receiver to me....even follow up emails to make sure all was ok.

There are some seriously big companies out there pushing boxes on us, the fliers...but thier customer support sucks (no names HK) :tennis: So to me its customer support that makes the difference.

Ross

ctbon

Quadrocopter.us has been fantastic for me in Vancouver. Fast shipping and great to deal with.

Sebas600

wouldn't know any company...

some ship fast but have no CS or it takes two weeks to get response.
some ship slow and give no response what so ever, even when asking about stuff worth $2000,-
some are very cheap but shipping takes ages and crapy CS

the only great fast service/help I got was here :nevreness: thanks BorisS

i highly recommend geoff at quadcopters.co.uk, bought my x650 from him, built it up but got stuck with the instructions and got phone support on a sunday which got me out flying. i since decided to upgrade to a wkm fc and after hours of fiddling around without getting it off the ground i made a call to geoff who offered to set it up for me, in just a few days i get it back and it flys perfect.
you can see why he is the uk's No1

plingboot

here are a few i've spent money with and will again - no particular order

electricwingman.co.uk
not had any conversations with them, but when ever i've placed an order it's been with me next day. When it came to a graupner mx-20, they were the only company not taking the p!ss out of MK users clammering for one.

estore rotterdam
Great prices on immersionrc gear and prompt delivery. only downside is the £10 intl bank transfer fee i was stung for, but even with that charge it was still worth dealing with them.

firstpersonview.co.uk
bought a few odds and ends from them, prompt delivery and simon has been helpful with my questions

flyduino.net
just bought tiger motors from them, very swift delivery and reasonable prices

DIYDrones.com store
i really like the fact they use pronto-tonto UPS shipping and don't charge silly money for it.

My shopping criteria is: availability (if it's not in stock price doesn't matter), price, delivery time.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Geoff at Quadcopters is terrible. Every time I email him, it takes a full 10 or 15 minutes to reply. Even at 10pm at night. To make matters worse, he replaced a broken part of mine free of charge. I offered to pay but he wouldn't have it.

Not a happy bunny :) :) :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Geoff at Quadcopters is terrible. Every time I email him, it takes a full 10 or 15 minutes to reply. Even at 10pm at night. To make matters worse, he replaced a broken part of mine free of charge. I offered to pay but he wouldn't have it.

Not a happy bunny :) :) :)

If we did not know you Gunter we would think u was taking the p***..... oh I know you, u p*** taker! ;-)

I guess I am slightly bias toward supporting Geoff but when I had not bought a sausage from him I emailed him from Crosby beach at 8pm to ask if he had a spare arm for my ADX which I had just tried to take the head off a Gormley statue with! Within a few minutes I had a reply he could let me have one out of a hexa kit he had and the next morning I collected it from him.. Since then his support has been invaluable to keep me sane in this crazy pastime..

Dave