Multirotor Tricks

FlyEYE

I started this thread to discuss the type of tricks you can do with a multirotor and how to do those tricks. Would be nice to have videos of them as well.

I.e. (making some of these terms up)

-Flips (front flips, side flips, multiflips)
-_needs name___ (going back and forth as fast as you can)
-Vortex (going round and round in a tight bank, I can only manage 1 turn before the quad over rotates)
-rocketship (going straight up)
-dive bomb (up high get inverted, going straight down and pull up last second)
- others......

Can we start with the flip since I'm going to attempt them this weekend :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyEYE

Tick tocks :) they require negative pitch! Not possible with standard octos/quads etc.

Ross

I did put tic tocks in quotes :). I try them all the time, you've got to quickly roll your craft 180 before powering back the other way. Still looks impressive.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Add loops to the list, probably the easiest way to work up to flips since the control inputs are very similar, you just need to to do them a lot faster for a flip.

Rather than call it a tic toc I prefer bowtie, back and forth in a fairly small distance with a very quick 180 degree rotation at each end, if you get the rythm just right you can make the pattern look somewhat like a bowtie by changing the angle of each pass back and forth. As soon as I get my mini quad repaired from yesterday's little oops coming out of a loop a bit too low I'll put the video camera on a tripod and record it. The main thing you need to do it right is a small quad that will yaw really fast, too slow and you'll never get it turned quick enough.

Ken

juz

FPV pilot
Hey Ken, for that trick, I like "infinity" ... or something that sounds a little more hardcore than bowtie ;)

FlyEYE

Just posted some short video I took this morning from my camera phone balance on the ground. These are a little sloppy, occasionally I can get them to stay in the same plan for several "laps".
After looking at the video, I guess I don't really do bowties or the infinity but that could be an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z06 Tony

U need to watch a 3D heli vid to see what a Tic Toc is. Or type tic toc heli in youtube. That is more like a Pendelum. Not really a trick. Just made it up.

FlyEYE

Ok so it's clear if you use any term that's a Heli term we're going to be educated :)

I don't quite like pendulum since that's more of an arch. The rubberband?

BTW can you do flips in stabilized mode on a CC? Turn angle limits up to 360?