MR Product list of no replacement parts

jfro

Aerial Fun
MR's crash for lots of reasons. To buy something without parts is kind of dumb. This list is to help people know what Frames and Gimbal don't have available parts for replacement. Many parts can be built, but many cannot.

It's beyond the scope of one person to compile a list so I thought the members would share their findings. Please do not use this to diss a company you may be mad at. Please do your diligence and investigate at multiple places about parts or better yet, email the manufacturer. Don't post unless you are sure parts are not available.

I will start out with the 2 items that I have run into recently.

1. DYS EagleEye 5d gimbal. 25mm tubes, corner pieces, motors are available, some more can be made, but the roll axis and yaw axis parts are not available. Since these are the two most obvious parts to break and wear out, it's a little nuts to spend $600 to $1500 dollars on something you can't get parts for. I have spent over 8 hours on the internet, talking to dealers, and emailed DYS (no return). Parts are not available.

2. New Tarot x8 multirotor frame. According to a recent post, a member on another forum crashed his on the 2nd flight and surprise surprise, he needs a new arm / folding assembly. He was told by Tarot that the part is not available. Please verify this your self. I was thinking of buying one, but have decided against this frame for lack of parts.

Old Man

I looked at the new Tarot frame last night and the arms are rather unique in shape. If the maker doesn't stock spares the consumer would have a difficult and expensive time of fitting something else or independently reproducing. OTOH, damage in some locations could be repairable via user applied carbon lay up. Bending one is a real problem since aluminum becomes brittle when it's bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfro

Aerial Fun
In the case of the Tarot X8 or X6, it's off my wish list till I see parts or buy something else. I understand my anyone would buy a frame or gimbal if replacement parts aren't available or easily made.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Tarot usually has good parts support, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't just temporary. I've got one of these frames on order, currently been lost in transit since Dec 3rd :(

Frankly, the price on this frame is so low, I won't cry if I had to buy an extra frame for spares. Consider the entire frame cost about the same as just a single arm from some of the big name brand companies. ;)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
He was told by Tarot that the part is not available. Please verify this your self. I was thinking of buying one, but have decided against this frame for lack of parts.

A good point-of-entry for forcing things like this to change is one of Tarot's better known dealers. Shoot them an email explaining your position and if they hear it enough they'll put the pressure on Tarot to make parts available.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I did email Tarot. No reply so far. I emailed the guy who broke his frame and asked him what they said, his reply was their reply was just the part was not available.

I started this thread because of my frustration with DYS and getting a replacement part for a loose roll connection. It's a part I can't make.

I personally try not to buy from businesses whose business plan is so bad that they would make product with out replacement parts. They don't deserve our business.

I have no idea if this happens a lot in this industry or not, but I started this thread for a place for people to post in case there are other products and/or manufacturers that don't offer replacement parts.

If it's widespread, this could be the place to find out whether or not you want to buy apart without available replacement parts. It could be the place to put pressure on them to make parts available as 99.999999% of all businesses do.

Old Man

One thing that's rather common in the hobby industry is for manufacturers to release stuff long before they have adequate inventory to support something. The rush to recover development costs or turn a profit is overwhelming for hobby product makers I guess. This has been the norm for years with RC engine and radio manufacturers. Probably the same condition applies here where Tarot is rushing the product out the door with only enough inventory to make up complete aircraft. Parts will come later when they they've recovered most or all of what their business model demands. There's something to be said about not being the first to buy a new product or participating in pre release ordering.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Here is the email I just received from Tarot.

hi
i am sorry
now i am no sell

------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
发件人: "张旦晨";<sales@tarot-rc.com>;
发送时间: 2014年12月19日(星期五) 凌晨5:20
收件人: "张旦晨"<sales@tarot-rc.com>;
主题: Website Inquiry from tarot-rc.com

Are replacement parts available for the X8 Octo frame?

If so, where I can see a list. If not, please let me know and I'll look
elsewhere for a frame.

I'm finishing my 2nd year in this hobby, and I'm continuously amazed at what we consumers have to put up with.

Anyway, I for one will demonstrate against this type of activity and not purchase one.