Mikrokopter Mounting GPS on boom

crcr

I'm using a droidworx crash cage which has a carbon top so need to look at other options for the GPS. I see some mount their GPS on the boom. Do you also need to mount the Navi-Ctrl on the boom with the GPS or can you have the FC and Navi in the center and just mount the GPS itself on the boom?

Thanks
Craig

ghaynes

Craig you can mount the GPS by itself or also move the Navi out. If you move the Navi you will need longer 10 conductor and 6 conductor ribbon cables. Lots of folks flying CineStars move both. Better to get the compass magnetometer further away from the power boards.

crcr

Craig you can mount the GPS by itself or also move the Navi out. If you move the Navi you will need longer 10 conductor and 6 conductor ribbon cables. Lots of folks flying CineStars move both. Better to get the compass magnetometer further away from the power boards.

Thanks Gary

I have batteries mounted each side of the center plates, so if I also move the navi it would be very close to the battery which I'm guessing is not good.

My plan was to have the FC and Navi on the center plate with a carbon fiber or copper clad board between the PDB and FC. Then mount the GPS by itself on the boom, this also means I only need to lengthen the cables that connect the Navi and GPS.
I'm guessing the GPS being beside the battery will not cause any issues?

Thanks
Craig