Motors not rotating at the same speed... Naza LITE - F450

dedzyyy

Hi, I'm having trouble with my DIY build. I have 100% noob and I've built a drone for film making using:
F450 frame,
Naza Lite,
GPS module,
Emax Simonk Series 20amp ESCs,
Sunnysky Angel A2212 980K motors
Turnigy 9X

When idling (i.e. on the ground before take off) the motors don't seem to rotate at the same speed and want to flip the quad when I try to go up. This happens when I try to take off aggressively, and when I try a bit more carefully.

When I go left with the stick the right side of the drone stays faster, and vice versa.

I've now set my Idle Speed to High, from Recommended following some advice I've seen on forums.
All the ESCs appear to be calibrated fine.
The props are definitely on the right way and the motors are spinning the right way.

Can anyone help please?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
please take a few pictures of the NAZA installation including where the ESC wires are plugging into the NAZA.

also, here's a list I made a couple of years ago about getting the kinks worked out of a NAZA installation, go through it step by step and make sure everything is in there correctly.

Here's a list of common mistakes that keep new NAZA builds from flying properly;
  • Front of NAZA IMU is pointing towards the back of the helicopter (motor wires should be plugged into the FRONT of the NAZA)
  • NAZA needs to be mounted upright (upside down is baaaaddddd, you didn't do that, right?)
  • NAZA components are not plugged into each other correctly
  • Controls calibration not completed successfully (Use NAZA Assistant to check this)
  • Controls are reversed (Use NAZA Assistant to check them)
  • ESC's have not been calibrated (DJI 30A Opto ESC's do not need to be calibrated)
  • One or more motor directions are reversed (switch any two of the three motor-to-ESC connections to reverse the direction of the motor)
  • One or more motors are plugged into the wrong slots of the NAZA
  • One or more propellers are on the wrong motors or upside down
  • Radio transmitter is set to Heli instead of Acro
  • One or more receiver channels are plugged into the wrong input ports of the NAZA
  • Old channel mixes in your transmitter are messing things up
  • Flight battery is dead or close to dead

dedzyyy

I've just been through all of that (I have seen you post that info before and kept a copy of it)
I'm still having the same problems. The only thing I left off the list was changing it from heli to acro. I can't seem to change the mix to change through different modes in the acro settings...
I've read a lot of people having no preference over heli or acro.

I haven't taken a photo as all the ESCs are plugged into the NAZA correctly, with the correct polarity.

This is really starting to grate on me now.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
When I go left with the stick the right side of the drone stays faster, and vice versa.

this is supposed to happen, it's how the flight control system controls the helicopter, by speeding up and slowing down the motors

if you push the right stick to the left to roll the heli to the left, the right motors have to speed up to lift that side of the heli and roll it

does the helicopter fly at all at his point?

dedzyyy

I mean when I push the left stick left or right, then leave it central, it affects which side of the copter runs faster.
Push left, then leave it centre and the the right side runs faster and vice versa.

I've had it flying really well, until suddenly this started happening and it's really difficult to get it off the ground.

dedzyyy

When I'm back from work tonight I'm going to try something different.
I'm going to try starting the drone above my head in inputting up and down motion myself to see if the naza will balance itself out.