Motor stops twice in mid air on hexa

DennyR

Your problem is definitely an ESC mismatch. Some of those tiger motors need a lot of advance to stop them loosing phase sync. That is not the root cause of your problem but a way to cure it so it runs ok. What you need to be able to do is snap the throttle open a few times from idle. If it squeals then it is going to stop in the air. Generally SimonK does not work with those motors unless he has done a recent mod. I believe I cured that problem in the past when I tried those motors with some basic Hobbywing stuff. I went through this with a few different ESC's with Jeremy at Electriflite and he knows which ones work.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hobbywing 40A opos ESCs with tiger 3515-15 motors.............

what are Hobbywing opos ESC's? those motors are a standard pole count motor (as opposed to the higher pole count motors) so they should work (for better or for worse) with just about any ESC. I don't know what the opos ESC's are but I'm using both Tiger and Hobbywing Platinum Pro ESC's with a variety of motors (MT2814, MT4008, MN4012) and they work well with all of them.

Quinton

Your problem is definitely an ESC mismatch. Some of those tiger motors need a lot of advance to stop them loosing phase sync. That is not the root cause of your problem but a way to cure it so it runs ok. What you need to be able to do is snap the throttle open a few times from idle. If it squeals then it is going to stop in the air. Generally SimonK does not work with those motors unless he has done a recent mod. I believe I cured that problem in the past when I tried those motors with some basic Hobbywing stuff. I went through this with a few different ESC's with Jeremy at Electriflite and he knows which ones work.

When I mean programmed I mean just with a simple programming card.
IE just setting
Brake OFF
Battery Type NI-xx
Cutt Off Type: Soft Cut
Cut Off Voltage: High
StartMode: Normal
Timing: Middle

These are just simple Hobbywing Flyfun 40A optos, no flashing or anything and the same setup is on a LOT of others.

what are Hobbywing opos ESC's? those motors are a standard pole count motor (as opposed to the higher pole count motors) so they should work (for better or for worse) with just about any ESC. I don't know what the opos ESC's are but I'm using both Tiger and Hobbywing Platinum Pro ESC's with a variety of motors (MT2814, MT4008, MN4012) and they work well with all of them.

Sorry I mean Opto, it was a mistype.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

They are used in the motor industry but you can get them here http://www.componentforce.co.uk/category/765/flexible-blanking-plug

I emailed both the companies mentioned, telling them what I required and they are going to send me out some samples..
The other company just replied..
Good morning my name is Brandon a technical support representative here at Mouser Electronics, Inc. It depends what you are looking for, we have some heat shrink and conduit. Please specify on which route you would like to go. Please advise.