Monitoring 2 cameras. An FPV camera and an AP camera

Hi guys,
Don't know whether this should be in the FPV thread or the Aerial Photography thread ? But

Does anyone here use 2 video down links at the same time? I have a Nex5-n on a gimbal but would prefer to fly by my fixed FPV cam.

What are other people doing about this? What are my options?

Thanks
Jesse

Efliernz

Pete
I have run two 1.3G feeds off a Trex600 AP heli and I am sorting my octocopter to do the same for a shoot next week. I use two independent 300mW TX'x - one on the rear left u/c leg and the other 400mm away on the base of the right u/c leg. The multi's radio Rx is in the front of the hub with the 2.4G wires hanging down.

I had no interference despite using adjacent RF channels. The heli system worked well so I don't see why it won't rock with the octo. I only need 300m distance over a (future) wooded gully for some straight-down mapping photos of the paths and plantings. How hard can it be??? ;)

Pete

Pete

Cheers for the reply Pete, It's good to know it can be done :)
I currently run 500mw 5.8GHz so maybe I can just get another on of those, choose a different channel and try and keep the antennas separated.

I did just do some more googling and found people were using a switch to swap cameras too. Might look in to that as well.

Jesse

Efliernz

Pete
I think the switch idea is great (and I will no doubt try it with solo shooting) but I try to shoot two-up on commercial shoots.

Pete

RCNut

I use a single 5.8 GHz TX and have a video switch. I use a GoPro generally but I can switch to a Sony super HAD camera for closer viewing and improved low light visibility.