Momentary Power Surge HC1100

Giovanni59

I am going to hook up another FC, I have a WKM that this A2 replaced. I want to eliminate the possibility it is the FC
although I was having issues with the WKM.

Giovanni59

Yes, that is right. I have had issues with it but not specifically on the bench but flying characteristics that were unstable.
It was suggested that I test it with another FC, but I think that is not the problem, the chances of two different FC causing problems is possible but unlikely. I was going to hook it up just to compare with these recent bench tests with the A2, to see if it does the same fluctuations and surges.

However, first I will remove all motors and wires out of the booms and inspect for any damage or cuts that could be causing a short.
U7 motors don't come with bullet connectors so I soldered to the ESC wires and I will cut those connections and redo them.

BTW here is video of it running right after I replaced the power distribution system last night, of course it is the sound that indicates what is going on since I have the props off. I am not even touching the TX which is sitting on the counter.

fltundra

Yes, that is right. I have had issues with it but not specifically on the bench but flying characteristics that were unstable.
It was suggested that I test it with another FC, but I think that is not the problem, the chances of two different FC causing problems is possible but unlikely. I was going to hook it up just to compare with these recent bench tests with the A2, to see if it does the same fluctuations and surges.

However, first I will remove all motors and wires out of the booms and inspect for any damage or cuts that could be causing a short.
U7 motors don't come with bullet connectors so I soldered to the ESC wires and I will cut those connections and redo them.

BTW here is video of it running right after I replaced the power distribution system last night, of course it is the sound that indicates what is going on since I have the props off. I am not even touching the TX which is sitting on the counter.

It's clearly all the motors doing it at the same time. I think your right, first thing is swap FC's.

violetwolf

Have we talked about barometers, or gps? I wonder if the FC is getting varying altitude inputs and trying to compensate. Maybe a bad baro, or intermittent GPS connection.

If it were APM or Pixhawk I'd plug into mission planner and watch the altimeter to see if it varies in conjunction with the surges.

Just a shot in the dark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

If the problem resides anywhere within the general electrical system the issue would persist with the FC completely removed from the equation. Essentially remove the FC and drive all the motors from the radio transmitter and receiver and see what does or does not happen. That would also provide a bit easier method of isolating and individually testing each motor/ESC combination.

Just for giggles, when you changed to the A2 did you retain any of the lessor Wookong components on the rig?

Giovanni59

It is all A2. Turns out it is the DX8 transmitter. Switched to a DX9 and works perfectly.

Now another issue, can't connect to Naza M V2 assistant on another craft. The program is installed but is not working.
Can't get the drivers to install, DJI WIN Driver Installer, get the message: This app has been blocked for your protection.
Turned off all virus protection and all MS security measures, still no help.
I will post on a new thread.
Thanks

fltundra

It is all A2. Turns out it is the DX8 transmitter. Switched to a DX9 and works perfectly.

Now another issue, can't connect to Naza M V2 assistant on another craft. The program is installed but is not working.
Can't get the drivers to install, DJI WIN Driver Installer, get the message: This app has been blocked for your protection.
Turned off all virus protection and all MS security measures, still no help.
I will post on a new thread.
Thanks
I thought all along you were using a Futaba TX/RX.

Giovanni59

Yes, Windows 10.

Yes, I know this has been confusing and I was using Futaba but I was having other issues with that FC so I moved to the A2 but then started having these issues. I still don't know what the problem is with the WKM but I am installing it on an HC800 and will do some tests.

Can anyone confirm that Naza Assistant can be installed and even open up on the computer but still not work because the drivers are not installed?
And what's with DJI support? I went to send a message and you first have to choose a product and they don't list their flight control systems.

violetwolf

And what's with DJI support? I went to send a message and you first have to choose a product and they don't list their flight control systems.

DJI Support is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it lol

Their attitude seems to be "product not working? Wait and buy the next product.. It may be better"

I gave up on them a few years ago because of this.