MMR (Maryland Multirotor Racers), Right here!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Big welcome to MMR, Maryland's latest spot to get some local action!

@william setzler let me know if there's anything else I can do for you guys. you've got moderator permissions in this sub-forum, you can stick threads, open or close threads, delete spammy stuff in your sub-forum....with great power comes great responsibility....to run a great group! I'm going to keep an eye on you guys, you're only a few hours away. :)

If anyone else wants a sub-forum set up for their local flying/racing group just hit me up, i'm happy to do it.

Bart

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
OK, just message me if you have any questions. It's a good idea to stick a thread at the top of the forum with guidance as to where you fly, how often, what's required for flying days vs. race days, etc. Also, if you look at the page that lists the threads in the sub-forum you'll see a Watch Forum link, that will generate notification emails whenever there are new threads posted for members that want to keep up with activity in the groups sub-forum.

Have fun!

eqmdef8

Ha-ha, awesome. Thanks Bart. We actually got a few more...err...let's call them part time fliers :). So all total we have 5 possible racers, 3 that would be pretty active.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Are you guys going to do some racing? I'd love to come check it out. I'm new to this world but am interested in learning and hopefully racing.

eqmdef8

Currently we've just been going to fields and flying around. Weather is too unpredictable this time of year to set anything permanent. If you're in the area, we can always post up, or contact you, and let you know. Just looked up and saw your in king george, va. Do you own a quad yet? We can definitely assist with any questions you might have.

Thanks eqmdef8.

I have purchased a new quad along with a ton of accessories. I have also purchased a Fat Shark FPV system and hope to one day put that to use. So far, I haven't even opened the box on my new quad, but I'm slowly gaining the confidence to do so. For right now, I'm just flying cheap quads and learning how to fly, without losing too many of them...lol.

Definitely keep me updated on any activity, and I will certainly be watching this section closely. I'd love to meet and fly with some locals. I say locals, because I work on Southern Maryland but venture all over the state. I don't mine traveling for some fun.

eqmdef8

Oh man, open her up :). The one thing I will say, find a nice big field to fly in. I tried flying in my backyard and broke more props then I care to think about. If we do plan something we will let you know.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Whats up people! I'm also from Maryland about 25 miles north of B-More. I have been flying drones for a few years fixed wing and multirotor. I have not ventured into the racers yet. The smallest multi I have is 350mm largest I have is 1000mm. My everyday flyers are the Flying Cinema cinetank Mk1 and MK2-L. I'm also an avid FPVer and I dabble in long range flying when I'm in areas that aren't so heavy with air traffic.

Any who I just wanted to drop by to say hi! I would love to attend one of your meets. Maybe that will help motivate me to build a racer!

true911

Hi guys, this looks like a better place than the last message I left (for Baltimore), but nothing here for almost a year. Is this site still viable?