Mikrokopter MKTTool - Altitude hold Pane

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thought I would start a thread about the altitude pane in the MKTools.

Could the 'Wise' offer their wisdom about it and what the various options do.

Dave

Ps Wiki page is very vague and the translation is poor

FlyEYE

View attachment 224
Just attaching a screen shot for reference.

It seems that the majority of settings are a little vague for MK. I'd love to see a step by step on how to optimize for them, and what changes should be done for windy vs calm days, etc... My guess is that 70% of people just use the defaults.

Attachments

• Altitude Pane.jpg
    Altitude Pane.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 208

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yippy I'm not alone.. yep wind.. weight.. I know everyone's craft is different but but just a rough understanding like if its windy adjust XXX up or down, if you are going to put a camera on it change XXX up / down ect.

ctbon

Help!

I'm having an issue with altitude control on my MK.

I changed a few of the settings and when I wrote them the buzzer started going off. It is constantly beeping now and I don't know why. I've changed the settings but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? What are your ideal settings?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
CTbon can you not reload your old setting to stop the buzzer.. cant think why it would be going off. is it a constant noise or is it beeping... if beeping is there a pattern to it?

Dave

ctbon

Once again, Dave...I'm a little embarrassed :)

Turns out the voltage on my power supply was too low so I was getting a low battery warning (a constant trill beeping). Strange that it only happened after I adjusted the altitude settings though. Anyways, buzzer is off now after cranking the volts.

crcr

My X8 is bobbing up and down quite a bit in AH, can anyone tell me which setting I need to adjust to fine tune?

crcr

Thanks Ken,

I think I've got that sorted, just had to increase min-gas. Now I trying to get the Altitude P right. I'm using Height limitation and currently have it set to 40 and I can still fly way above the set point. What do other people have this set to?

Thanks

crcr

ok, I'm having trouble getting both height limitation and vario altitude settings to work. At the moment I'm trying to consentrate on getting the vario to work as I want to start flying waypoints.

I tried setting the Stick neutral point to "0" thinking that it would hold at this point. So I took it up and hovered then switched on the Alt hold and it shot up at a good rate of knots, quickly switched off and landed.
I then tried setting it at 140 which is my hover value (taken from the channel tab while hovering). Again it shot up the same. I lowered this value right down to 50 but still the same. Also tried 120 and 125.
I then opened up the OSD screen and pushed the throttle stick to hover position, then watching the thrust bar on the side I switched the Alt hold on. I noticed that the thrust bar shot up to about 3/4 the way up which I guess is whats happening in the air. I tried this on all the values above 0, 50, 120, 125 and 140 but the trust bar does exactly the same irrespective of the value.

I then changed the setting back to Height Limitation and watched the trust bar as I switched on the Alt hold, this time the bar stayed at its current position. So, I'm not sure what is going on here or if its normal??

The problem I'm having with the Height Limitation is I can't get it to hold the altitude. I switch on Alt hold, it bobs up and down a little so I thought I'd increase the throttle just a little to push it against the ceiling but it keeps going up and up!! I currently have the Altitude-P set at 40, maybe I just need to increase this by aa lot?

Would appreciate any help sorting this.

Thanks
Craig

crcr

When Adjusting the PID setting under the altitude tab, should I be adjusting these actual values or should I be adjusting the limit values? what are the limit values, what do they mean?

Thanks

crcr

I'm now using vario mode but its still not working correctly, I can get it to hold altitude but the TX stick has to be in exactly the right position and when doing waypoints the MK doesn't stop at the set altitude, it just keeps going up so have to also keep an eye on the OSD and use the stick to get the right altitude.

wizprod

I'm now using vario mode but its still not working correctly, I can get it to hold altitude but the TX stick has to be in exactly the right position and when doing waypoints the MK doesn't stop at the set altitude, it just keeps going up so have to also keep an eye on the OSD and use the stick to get the right altitude.

Take a look at the mk wiki alt-page again. All the answers for your questions are there..