Mikrokopter MK failsafe channel

crcr

I'm just changing over to S-Bus so I can use the MK failsafe. I'm using a 14MZ and have used up all the 12 channels that MK tools will show. I'm wanting to set up a failsafe channel so I can test the failsafe with a switch rather than turning off the TX - it takes too long to turn back ON if something goes wrong.

Does anyone know if its possible to program a virtual channel and somehow tell the MK what it is? Or is 12 channels the limit?

I see MK are selling the HoTT transmitter with 16 channels so hoping there is a way around this?

Thanks

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
CRCR,

i wasn't aware that MK had a failsafe mode other than what could be programmed in with the Tx/Rx's failsafe pre-set functions. Can you link to a wiki page that explains it?

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

Hi Bart

Its only been since Firmware 0.88. These pages tell you all about it. http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/Firmware-0.88 and http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/FailSafe

Cheers
Craig

Thanks Craig. I didn't notice that with the last update. Reading through it it doesn't appear to be switch activated. It looks more like it's something that the heli will do automatically when the signal is lost. i'll read through it some more but that's my first impression.

Bart

Bartman

spoke too soon,

[h=3]FailSafe - Receiver without signal loss indicator[/h]
So that the Kopter recognizes a receiver failure the receiver must display a reception failure.
Is that not the case the Kopter could continue to fly with the last received settings.

So that you can use also receiver which does not show explicitly a loss of a signal you can set an own channel for that function.
Here the receiver needs to be switched - please use the appropriate Failsafe-Setting of the specific receiver.

main.php

A description of the function and the settings you will find here: Signal loss indicator

crcr

If I can't set another separate channel I guess I'll just use the camera trigger channel to test the failsafe, then when happy I can switch the channel back as I don't think I need the failsafe assigned to a switch permanently?

Something else I don't understand is the Emergency-Gas time. "247" = 24,7 seconds. What does this mean?

Point 1: EMERGENCY-Gas/Throttle Time
The "EMERGENCY-Gas/Throttle Time" determines the term of the EMERGENCY-Gas/Throttle function. After that time the engines turn off automatically.
Here you can enter maximal "247" = 24,7 Seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

crcr

CRCR the 247 is in increments of .1 so 247 is 24.7 seconds.

There are also 12 'serial channels' that can be setup. I've never used that function but if you have a 16 channel radio and are using s-bus it should work. See section 3 at http://www.mkmanual.com/mikrokopter-tool.

Thanks. So the default value of 90 is only 0.9 of a sec?

I guess I need to read into this fail safe a bit more. Am I correct in my uderstanding that if the MK was still in the air after the 60sec fail safe time, or within 20m of the home position it would use the Emergency gas and throttle time to safety land. But if the max time for this is 24.7seconds, that's not a lot of time for anything?

I will also read more into the serial channels but have a feeling that you need to be connected to the MK via laptop to use these channels?

Thanks
Craig

crcr

Has anyone set up this fail safe channel before?

I have the stack on my deck and am testing it to see what happens by looking at the OSD. When I activate the switch I can see it goes into CH mode, but when the MK is in failsafe mode it also climbs or descends so I was expecting to see it also go into Altitude hold mode?

Can anyone explain what actually happens when the MK goes into fail safe mode?

Thanks
Craig

Tuukkuli

Hi

Is someone flying Mikrokopter with FRrSky TFRSP receiver? If yes, how do you setup your failsafe? TFRSP has its own settable failsafe, Mikrokopter its own and my Futaba T10C its own.

I havent set the failsafe yet, but it would seem logical that I should 1. disable the transmitter failsafe and 2. activate/setup the TFRSP failsafe.

This way Mikrokopter would receive the predetermined commands from the TFRSP receiver in case the signal between transmitter and receiver was interrupted. Has anyone any experience on this?

Explanation of the TFRSP failsafe here:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=80