Mikrokopter MK 2.1 yaw issues.

Hi,
I'm having little yaw issues specially on descensión, it will yaw 10 degrees to one side, you can here the motor rpms going up to correct it, no magnet errors at this moment.
It also has little yaw ticks in forward motion, its actually hard to make it go straight forward, this does' t seam to happen in backward motion.
I was filming with a Sony CX730 and I recon it absorbed the ticks but GH4 shows them up like a champ!

Cheers!

Hi there,
I'm sorry to insist on this but I can`t get to the nature of the yaw oscilations:dejection:
I´m flying a AD8 with MK stack 2.1, I ve tried diferent parameters and taken of navi with no results. Props are 12.45 MR APC balanced as well as the motors.

Thanks in advance

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
that should all fly perfectly together, weight/motors/props are all just right.

is this a new build? did it just start doing this after being good for a long time?

I just built this chop a week ago, Im using diferent motors and blctrl but the same FC,NFC for three years and cant recall these twitches,at one point it yawd 60degrees on descent. I,ve just uploaded the new firmware and recalibrated the compass but its still there..5degres here 5 degrees there and as Im using a 2axis gimal it reallyt shows up..
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20141120-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20141120-WA0004.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 153

Nope, fast up no prob,its most at hover or when doing slow cinematic tracking shots, or in medium speed descent, If I let it fall 10mtr and quick stoppe it it doest yaw..weird

Bartman

have you reviewed the mixer table, are all of the yaw values the same number + or - ?
did you do a new compass calibration when you finished the new helicopter?
there is an external mag modification that can be done if you really can't find the problem. typically with MK I've seen yaw control issues when the helicopter was too heavy or when it was too hot and the flight control wasn't getting sufficient power because the batteries were overworked. Low batteries also cause yaw instability, it's almost as good as a battery alarm when it happens.
i don't think any of those things are your problem though, unless you didn't do a good compass calibration. the camera mount should be powered when you do the compass calibration if at all possible.

Mixer looks ok, all 64 + - , I downloaded it from MK wiki...
I recalibrated ACc,Gyros and compass but didnt have the gimbal powerd, I guess I could give it a go, it will go a bit nuts for a bit but its usually over with a single spin ahah
Should be good for power?, 2x4sx5000x30c batteries dont get warm and blctrl are running at 40c, max ams in flight around 10,
The thing is that I flew without the Navi boards and it was still doing the same, so it may not be a compas matter?

I dont know how to attach a log here, do you know how?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

if it happened without the Navi on there then you have a motor or BL problem which can be a big challenge to figure out.

do you have a monocle that can magnify 20x or so? look at the surface of all of the BL's for anything irregular....feel the motors for any binding....make sure none of the props are loose....APC props can be hard to get a really tight mounting with.

secure the helicopter, run the motors a little and move wires and stuff to see if you have any abnormal indications. a motor failing for even a fraction of a second will show up as a yaw deviation as the rest of the motors respond to keep it level.

good luck with that one!

Dont know if this can help but heres a screen shot of a flight, as you can see,at some points the compas jumps up to 5 degrees and then pulls back.
I will check the motors and Bl :nevreness:
attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 356

Bartman

it's hard to tell at this point because you said it's happening with or with out the NAVI/GPS installed.

also, has this been consistent regardless of where you fly? do you always fly in the same spot or do you move around a lot to different locations with a variety of surroundings?

I move around alot, diferent islands, up and down the mountains..Balearic Islands, all around!
This has been lately, I just changed the FC and same same so I think its down to the BL and motors, but as you say, no revelant info, current draw is sort of even,temps also . I just thought maby I it could show up in a bl IC" error¿ Im going to have a look!