Mikrokopter MK 2.02 and Afro esc/AfroI2C converter trouble

Just a quick head-up on a issue i have with afroi2c and MK2.02.
Had this 40 minutes flying machine with FW2.00 MK tower, 20A afro Slim HK ESC, 4822 390kv motors and 15" props. Updated to 2.02 and, as usual before flying, i tested it tied to the ground: randomly one motor would stop for a fraction of a second and mk telemetry would give error18.
Changed motor that stopped and another would stop, then esc too but the problem persisted. In the end i swapped the connection from i2c HK esc to pwm esc and i2c to pwm converter: same result!!
Then downgraded to 2.00 and everything went fine again. My idea is that there is something in the new fw that can fool or be fooled by i2c converters or i2c non proprietary esc. Hope next testing or someone proves me wrong, in the meantime just take care.
Claudio

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Claudio,

I've got an MK Oktokopter with the I2c to PWM converter. I can check my firmware tonight and do the upgrade to see if I have the same problem as you.

Did you look into what error 18 is?

Just thinking about this again, aren't the older boards limited to FW 2.00? I think the newer FW versions are for FC 2.5 and newer, no?

Hello Bartman,
error 18 is bl missing, in this case it's an error on the i2c bus as the bl is present and regularly working before and after the error 18. The new fw is limited to the boards with atm 1284, that is 2.1 and newer, mine is 2.2 and should not present any problem. If i can make a suggestion: tie down the model and test thoroughly before flying it. It is a random problem but just to give a scale to "random": i had the first hint of a problem after 3 minutes testing, then it happened more and more often.
C
EDIT:
Forgot to write one thing: without propellers there was no problem at all, but i usually test very little without them before tying the model down and testing with props mounted

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i want to say i've flown the new firmware and haven't had a problem but won't know for sure until i'm back in the shop later this evening.