Mechanical Connectors Availability

Mojave

Are there any good mechanical connections for our UAVs available that are practical for our build projects (light weight, small)? Specifically I am thinking of: bullet connectors, lithium polymer battery connection, and other large gauge wiring connectors we use?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
If you are after a crimp connector, the Anderson Powerpole 45a is pretty good. I have been using these for years in helis and multirotors and they have been faultless. For my packs I double up on the 45a connectors as the next size up, the 75a APPs are huge. With all that said, APPs are still quite large for a multi so I still use bullets a lot too.

channel 1

If you are after a crimp connector, the Anderson Powerpole 45a is pretty good.

The 45a's a decent connectors, I have been trying out the Molex Mini-Fit Sr connectors an they are impressive as well.

Also as for amperage ratings, Anderson and Molex rate their connectors based on real world amperage versus Chineese amps, which are more of a number than a reality.

Wayne

Pumpkinguy

Just searching the forum looking for the best connector for motor to esc. Would have really liked a locking compact 3 circuit connector. These molex and Anderson look like awesome connectors. Just too bulky. Looks like bullets are the only way. Are castle creation bullets about the best? Money is no object. I don't cheap out on things like this.

Mojave

Just searching the forum looking for the best connector for motor to esc. Would have really liked a locking compact 3 circuit connector. These molex and Anderson look like awesome connectors. Just too bulky. Looks like bullets are the only way. Are castle creation bullets about the best? Money is no object. I don't cheap out on things like this.

I am using the T-Motor bullets; Monto RC Hobby has them: http://montorc.com/gbc002_t-motor_24k4mmconnectors.aspx
The other similar generic spring connectors (I harvested a few from my XT-60s) seemed to lose their 'spring' and I had to re-bend them to open up the gap. I wanted the option to disconnect the arms of my multirotor. Using T-Motor T80A Electronic Speed Controllers with wires at both ends some people opt to just solder the connections of the ESCs to the motors and get rid of the bullet connector. This is the safest method, with a sure connection, and saves a bit of time and money.

Pumpkinguy

I'm using bullets in 2 areas. On my pdb and between motor and esc so that I can remove my arms as well. I think pretty much any bullet connector regardless of quality will loose its spring due to the fact they are made of a non ferrous metal. Gold plated copper?