Maxxprod CF props

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Cant comment to much on the CF props you talk about but I know there has been balance issues with them by a member. The Graupner are a good stiff prop I like and use on my ADX3. I have used both the 10 and 11" versions and fly now with the 11"

Not sure where on the globe u are but I get mine from here. They do a overseas service as well

http://www.electricwingman.com/propellers/graupner/elektro-prop.aspx

You may also need adaptors as well.

http://www.electricwingman.com/graupner/propeller-hub-spacer/8mm/5mm.aspx

Dave

Naterpin

Thank you Droider.
I bought Graupner 10" awhile from him I like the props and his service. I am waiting on a order from him now. Our postal service is locked out right now. But the order should be here nexted week. I am building a rather different looking folding Hex and I am looking for some props for it. But if they are not to bad I will get them from our guy in Canada or Monto.

edit:
Balance is one thing warped props is an other.

Last edited by a moderator:

ovdt

How do people like the Maxxprod CF props? How do they compare to the plain plastic epp props and APC for balance, rpm and such. I understand the crush fiber makes them stiffer. I have had 10" APC props that did not track well. It was like, they were warped. I have xoar 12 coming but need something in the mean time.
http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=268

Thank you

This prop is not CF (Carbon Fiber). It comes with MK sets. It's just stiffer then standart EPP props. That's it.

You should consider real CFK props or Graupner or Xoar Wood props. Apc SlowFly props are also considered to be a good choice (if balanced properly.)

Naterpin

Thanks
Like I said I have Xoars coming. But I wondering if the maxx props would be a better choice over the plastic EPP and APC while I wait for the Xoars.

ovdt

They're indeed better than standard EPP props. Buy 3 pairs and try; they're cheap. You'll need backup props anyways.

Crash

Defies Psychics
They're indeed better than standard EPP props. Buy 3 pairs and try; they're cheap. You'll need backup props anyways.

I'm pretty sure they are the exact same props. I bought a couple bagged sets and they are identical to the stock MK props.

There are 4 versions of EPP props that I know of.
V1 were shiny and brittle. - JUNK.

V2 were dull, the 10x45 mark is near the middle of the blade, and they are not symmetrical leading to an imbalance. Many also suffered from poor manufacturing because they were pulled from the mold too early.

V3 are similar but the molds are a little bit better, the 1045 is near the hub.

V4 has a larger hole and plastic adapters that get lost easily. They are also heavily unbalanced.

All of them need to balanced in the exact same way.

As much as I hate these props, they are decent props for a beater copter that sees a lot of punishment. It's also easy to get free give-aways. :D