Max Amp Batteries are the best I've ever owned bar none

38super

Hi all
I just wanted to comment on some batteries I just purchased. These are the Max Amp 9000mah LX 100c lipos from Max Amp http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Lipo-9000XL-148-Pack&cat=386 .I have six quads and one hex copter.
For the F450 and other quads I use a Turnigy Nano 5000 mah 4s battery which you either love or hate (Turnigy) I like them as long as you don't charge abuse them. I get 10 to 12 min
with gimbal and go pro. On my F550 they were ok, I would get about nine mins with same set up as the F450. I am never hard on my power packs I usually end up with about
3,70 v per cell at the end of my flights. I just wanted more time . I tried using two batteries of various sizes but never did much better. I found Max Amp on the web and started to look into what they had to offer. At first I thought their prices were outrageous. but wanted to give them a try. These batt. are made in the USA with the best materials. When you place you order that's when they make the battery. You get a card with a sign off on every step they go through. These batt. are no light weights . They come in at over 700G
My first thought was .....DAMM I'm going to have to return them ...NO way was this going to work. I gave them a call and told me they will work just fine... so I set charger at 20A
and full charge in about 20 min They were at half charge. Strapped it on to the F550 and took off . I wanted to break them in so only flew for ten min. Did this a few more times then wanted to see what it could do. I don't have the two battery conditions set on the assistant software I use telemetry to tell me what my battery is doing . At 17 min. I came down
and ck the cells ....all read 3.65V . After a few flights time got a little better not much maybe 30sec more with same end flight cell reading I'm sure I could get 20 min but like I said I don't push my batt especially at their price $250. Few days later I bought one more 9000LX then set my charger for storage and that's exactly where all my other batteries are now.
I know it's a lot of $$$ but in the long run I think you will come out on top They have fantastic warranty . by the way when I charged these at 20A ...From 3.70V cell it took 40 min to get full charge ...16.8V
Two other things I noticed in flight was the hex was much more stable ...tight turns were better I could go full out and pull back on the stick and would stop like it hit a wall . I though it would be just the opposite because of the extra weight
At hover after 17min I could punch it straight up and acted as though I just started the flight it has that much power ......I am impressed.
If you own a Phantom2 ...which I do you know the batt are $150 each . You get what you pay for. Just my two cents worth on what I think is a great product.