Mapping with and without ground control

Do you map with ground control?

• Yes but it's expensive.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No my clients don't know my maps are inaccurate.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is ground control?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Epoc Systems

Hi everyone, I want to introduce myself as one of the owners of Epoc Systems Ltd.

We can be found here www.epocdronesurvey.com

A little about us. We have been using drones for surveying for over 7 years now.

As a matter of fact I provided feedback to Agisoft Photoscan Professional many years ago whom we still use and find to be the most accurate for model and map creation.

In that time with hundreds of accurate surveys under our belts we learned how to create accurate maps, not just pretty ones.

We have placed ground control in every situation you can imagine from mountain sides to river valleys and mining pits.

Our company has focused on two products the OBS and Stryder.

I will give a quick overview on both.

OBS is a handheld cube with literally one button. The intent is to be used as a simple surveying tool that ANYBODY can use. Even your 4 year old
smile.gif
It literally has one button. Watch the video on the website and it gives a good overview of ground control and OBS. PLEASE NOTE we have updated the project after gaining feedback to use dual frequency receivers.... wait time is now drastically reduced.

OBS can be used to survey your ground control targets AND EQUALLY IMPORTANT it can be used to provide check shots to your data so that you can prove accuracy to your client. Accuracy = money.

OBS will be a Kickstarter program that is about to launch Mid-end of September 2016. With your support it will be in your hands early next year. We are sourcing dual frequency hardware and hope to release with a kit package of <$5000 USD.

The reason OBS is a kickstarter is that we have put all our pennies into Stryder Geo however we have done all the testing and development on OBS so it seems a good fit for a Kickstarter campaign.

Stryder is a direct geo-referenced solution that will remove the need for ground control from your data. Of course this comes at a price and is aimed at the professional and semi-professional surveyor.

We have experience with and know inside out the abilities of every system out there from the $30,000 ebee to the $90,000 Mavinci. We plan to match or beat Mavinci accuracy with substantially easier to use interfaces.

At the end of the day you can see that OBS removes the need to carry around a truck load of survey gear to make your data accurate and, or to check it and Stryder Geo removes the hours of target identifying in Agisoft, Pix4D, drone deploy etc.

UPDATE: Guess what? now that OBS is dual frequency you can use it for the base station when flying Stryder Geo. So now you can buy OBS and use it with Stryder Geo later! One base to rule them all!!! No other system in the world comes this complete.

We are here working hard so that the data you provide to your client is ACCURATE AND REPEATABLE because industry is getting smart and a pretty picture is what your competition provides. Accuracy is what you will provide.

So I am starting this thread to hear from you, get your comments, feedback and hopefully support.

Don't hesitate to post here or email us at info@epocdronesurvey.com we would love to hear from you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve
Kloppenburg
www.epocdronesurvey.com
www.uavservices.com

Last edited by a moderator: