Low Gains

b0nafide

Just a quick question...

I have all of my "gains" set to the "Default" of 100%. I'm not really comfortable changing them because I lack understand about them. I will try to learn more about this soon but I have way too many other things on my mind just starting out.

Question: If I lowered my "gains" to amount such as 80% or 70% would this decrease my throttle speeds, turning speeds, etc?

I have flown my Hexa three times now (not very well due to pilot inexperience) but I found the throttle to be VERY sensitive and it shoots off the ground at lightspeed once I surpass about 30% throttle (I work up slowly to this speed). It climbed so high and so fast today that I thought I had a fly away!

Question Continued: Or could I decrease the mix in my remote?

(Note: Despite these three flights, I don't feel that I "Maidened" the Hexacopter because I never really felt in control, HA!)
(Note 2: I actually broke one of the landing legs under motor #5.)

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Stick to DJI recommendations for gains for your model of MR, e.g., F550. but also make allowances to remote fine tune Basic and Attitude gain while hovering.
Follow this Youtube video for best method to achieve this while flying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDehc5PEUQ

Wait for dead calm weather conditions.....

Leave throttle and Yaw gain at the defaults .... do not change these in the air.

Take of in attitude mode get to a reasonable hover position, i.e., 20 feet and adjust your elevator, pitch and yaw trims until it tends to remain in one 3d spot with only a tiny bit of righthand joystick adjustment.
Switch to GPS mode and it should hover in one spot.

Flying is so much easier when your MR is....
a) trimmed
b) flying in GPS mode
Attitude is relatively easy as well since you can forget about throttle control once you are hovering.