Looking to get started

Tomstoy2

The DJI kits are the best bet, in my opinion. The Naza will give you the best chance to learn, with hopefully less crashes. To expand with, in either or both video and fpv, I would suggest the Hexa kit for it's ability to handle more weight and flexability to expand it's size with many aftermarket parts. Personally, I would not buy the full combo kit, just the Naza and frame. I would opt to get better motors and props, but that is just me. Whatever direction you choose though, do your homework first and make an educated decision, one you can live with.

Tomstoy2

Oh, you bet! Lots of people have gone that route. I would have suggested that but you said expand. LadyBug, MQX, there's quite a few. Also, a simulator.

Brugamer

That is the route I may go first then. I am considering building my first real one. I can do most everything except the radio kinda worries me.

Tomstoy2

Radio programming won't be much of a problem. Just check in here. Plenty of people will help you out. If you are looking for a radio, I would suggest Futaba t8fg. Look for a used one, save some bucks.

Brugamer

Thanks Tom that radio does look like one that I wouldn't need to replace for a long time. All I hear is great things from Kloner about the futaba radio's seems to be the go to radio of choice for several here. I have seen some like the JR/ spectrum stuff. I know the radio was going to be a good chunk of cash if you wanted quality so I am happy with that options there for sure. The price isn't horrible new on them not cheap but not as bad as it could be I guess. No to narrow down what I want usage wise for a frame and FC. I do want to tinker with APV but not really aiming to make cash just personal fun. And I won't rule out FPV down the road but not something I would start with. There are so many frame choices and deciding quad, hex, or octo doubtful of the octo. I would like to try for 15-20 min flight times but that isn't a must just tossing it around mostly at least 10-15 would be nice. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.