Locals arrested for flying drones

Keep in mind, "Yes Sir", "No Sir", Sorry Sir", Goes a long way. I have been approched by local police and Park rangers in the Past. Keeping your cool, and being polite helps alot. Be respectful to the Enforcement agency that your dealing with at the time, and chances are you will get away with a warning. Most of the time, they are there investigating and making sure the general public is in no danger.

Kilby

Keep in mind, "Yes Sir", "No Sir", Sorry Sir", Goes a long way. I have been approched by local police and Park rangers in the Past. Keeping your cool, and being polite helps alot. Be respectful to the Enforcement agency that your dealing with at the time, and chances are you will get away with a warning. Most of the time, they are there investigating and making sure the general public is in no danger.

I couldn't agree more. It's all about how you present yourself to the cops when they do show up. Every time I've been "questioned" about my actions, the final outcome is always the same. The cops and I are laughing and carrying on as I walk away. I always start out telling them my name giving them a business card. I then start to show them the copter so they understand exactly what it is and what I'm doing with it. When you offer info before it's asked, it seems to set them at ease. Usually, I get the cops to have a look in the fat sharks while I move the copter around, sometimes even taking them for a quick flight. By the time that is done, they are eating it up and asking me where they can find one for themselves. I even had one police department try to hire me to build a few for them.

It's all in how you handle yourself.

jes1111

I've just started a new thread called "Code of Conduct for UAS Operators". I reckon it's so important that everyone reads it - I didn't want it to get lost within this thread.

Does anybody have a list of countries where flying multirotors for business is illegal?
What exactly is not legal?
Is there a ceiling limit or something, like in airspace classes from in civil aviation ?
I there a limit on weight?
Is this law applicable to all land, public an private?

For example, i own a film production company and i fly my multirotor for a corporate film scene over client property. Is this considered commercial purpose if i not actually sell this service to a client, meaning that on the invoice, the client pays for editing or whatever else but NOT for aerials shooting?

What loopholes are used for aerial cinematography in the countries where this is illegal?

Maybe Bart should create a special folder for this. It sound like that this industry can be killed anytime soon by authorities...