Zero UAV loading maps in GCS for using waypoints

gweleps

Hi,
I am starting to try using the waypoints on my YS-4X and i am unable to load the maps in the GCS when i am on the field (far from any
wifi connection point). On the field i can use google maps on my android phone and locate myself without any pb....
When close to my house i can load the map in GCS and locate the craft on the map
any idea?
Thanks

Alain

vadmcse

In the field.
Assuming your Android has mobile network connection.

TURN WiFi OFF on your Android.
Open GCS.
Press on FIND MY LOCATION and wait until the maps are loaded.
Then activate WiFi.
Turn controller ON.

hope this help

gweleps

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
I had a try this morning and have been able to load the map and locate the plane but not exactly the way described. I had to made a "search location" and type the name of a small village close to the field.
The "find my location" option still not work...
If i use the google maps it founds me without any problem...
Is there a parameter somewhere in GCS to allow it to show the Android mobile position?

vadmcse

No, there is no option, in fact the SHOW MY POSITION is teh Android position.

Do you have GPS activated in Android?

gweleps

Hi,
I've loaded "GPS status&fix" on my Android to verify GPS and it works fine.... I suspect a pb between GCS and the phone itself (Nexus 5) because
i have the same kind of app from Graupner and in that app i am able to locate a glider with a telemetric GPS module and my phone at the same time...

I am using the apps from the appstore....Could be different from the phone GCS software that is in the software dowlnoad section on the Zerouav site?

Last edited by a moderator: