Lipo connectors

manoktot

Thread has gone quiet, but just thought I'd share. Not Deans nor XT60, but these are what I use. I find them to have a better locking mechanism because they're already tight, plus the plastic area has a locking tab. And they're also a bit bigger so easier to grip with fingers for pulling apart, no need for heatshrink too.

View attachment 8991

View attachment 8992

View attachment 8993

Attachments

• Capture-8.jpg
    Capture-8.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Capture4-1.jpg
    Capture4-1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 437
  • connector1.jpg
    connector1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 405

Bowley

Thread has gone quiet, but just thought I'd share. Not Deans nor XT60, but these are what I use. I find them to have a better locking mechanism because they're already tight, plus the plastic area has a locking tab. And they're also a bit bigger so easier to grip with fingers for pulling apart, no need for heatshrink too.

View attachment 11666

View attachment 11667

View attachment 11668

Thanks, they look just ideal. where do get them, what are they called?

SALAMANDER

Think this heat business and melting plastic is down to the type of wattage your soldering iron is. You can solder wires to Deans with a perfectly good instrument soldering iron of between 12 and 20 watts. A few modellers, customers of mine soldered wires to Leds with a 100 watt soldering iron and then complained they did not work.....no wonder.:highly_amused:
I agree with Jes 111 (post #6)

AustinFPV

FPV Recon
Another method that works well with Deans is to notch the center of the tinned end of the wire (with heavier gauges) with a Dremel cut-off wheel to slip over the Deans tab. Then solder in place. I always preferred EC3s and EC5s on my helis, but am going to be using XT60s on my quad. Never had problems with any. Powerpoles are too bulky.

Eggbeater

I use xt90's on battery leads and xt60's downstream (if anything). If some are sticky. I use needle-nose to VERY lightly compress the male until it slips more easly on/off. But on All connectors, I use electrical connection grease...like the kind you used on old auto bulbs to prevent corrosion. Ocassionally I clean off with Q-tips and re-apply. It seems to reduce to spark wear/tear and the carbon buildup stays more in the grease than stuck on the connector. If I don;t use XT90's, I use EC5's for slightly more amp rate. I never use the ballooned out barrels...only split solid barrels.