Faa has restricted all rc helicopter flight in the usa airspace

JLO

How is the company Flying Cam www.flyingcam.com doing it, and dealing with the FAA rules they been doing RC gas helis commercial flying for many years for big and small clients, they have establish operation in USA, LA, Belgium, and China the owner Emanuel even got in 1979 an academy Oscar for technical achievement award.

Macsgrafs

How is the company Flying Cam www.flyingcam.com doing it, and dealing with the FAA rules they been doing RC gas helis commercial flying for many years for big and small clients, they have establish operation in USA, LA, Belgium, and China the owner Emanuel even got in 1979 an academy Oscar for technical achievement award.

You answered your own question...they have been doing it for years, long before the FAA had any rules for RC aircraft & commercial operation...I think they call it Granny rights!

Ross

Dewster

I don't think that the FAA is actively looking for violators. I do believe they inquire and investigate entities (people) when complaints come in. Regulations are laws and subjected to being fined or worse. So who are the haters?

JLO

We should start gathering our collective strength at the forum level then as a collective of forum groups and show organization to put pressure in our favor

kloner

Aerial DP
i get that part, it's just when i read stuff like this, it's all about fpv unles your at an ama field following the specific instructions. guess what, that's less than 1% of us doing it. What is the definition of LOS? there isn't really one is the argument, but none the less, can you see your model 2000 feet away? mile? 5 miles? it's still LOS, nothing between me and it, telescope might see it, for what, to watch it hit so you know what happened?

Mr. Sweatte informed me that in the FAA’s view, the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is considered an unmanned aviation system (UAS), and the FAA considers that there are only three methods of legally operating any kind of UAS in the national airspace.

don't qualify, that leaves me on the dark side.......

Was talking to a guy into this stuff and he said that guy that wrote the article is a dumbass. been writing alot of articles and keeps shooting us in the foot, like about how dangerous they are, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
What is the definition of LOS? there isn't really one is the argument, but none the less, can you see your model 2000 feet away? mile? 5 miles? it's still LOS, nothing between me and it, telescope might see it, for what, to watch it hit so you know what happened?

I agree, it's stupid. The farthest I have flown is 250m, not even a quarter mile. It was "LOS", but it was just a dot! I couldn't fly it like that! But, I was still within the rules!

To return was a simple matter of flipping the RTL switch. But there are not regulations requiring you to have that sort of equipment. Complete nonsense!

Macsgrafs

Here in the yUK, LOS is safe visability(still able to see whats left,right,up & down), without the use of optical magnification.

kloner

Aerial DP
there was a thread yesterday about big planks and now there is rules that require RTL systems onboard for ama community fields,,,,,, think it was over 75" or 15lbs....... i just tried finding the thread and it's not up top anymore......

That's nutts