License costs

pilotwings

I know this has been asked loads of times, but I am just wondering if anything has really changed over time as the threads I read were a little old and it seems this is constantly evolving.

If I want to fly my drone for commercial video and photo use in the UK, I understand you can either take a BNUC, or a RPQ?

All I really care about is which one is the cheapest, and which one (I assume both) clears me so I can attempt to do this on a part time basis to earn some extra money, doing something I really enjoy.

Many thanks.

P.S.

I will be flying a lowly Phantom 2, with H3-3D and Go Pro Hero 4 black edition. its more than good enough for the target I intend on.

What sort of money am I looking at, is the RPQ cheaper as I understand its partly remote learning based?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I think cost are pretty similar but based on feedback and own experiences I would go the RPQS route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMaughan

I'll say a few words in defence of BNUC, EURO USC. I've found them to be very straightforward to deal with, always doing things well in advance of their stated timescales, any delays coming from me or the CAA and the people I've met in person have been good people.

Pete

pilotwings

So what sort of money are we looking at in the UK if I did this in say June 2015?
Can anyone also explain the process, do you pay the money up front all in one go or is it more progressive?