LEDs.. WOW these babys are BRIGHT!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I will help Ross out.. Just ask if you have any doubts as I have had a small shed load of his stuff just to see what it is!.. It is quality and I aint seen stuff like this anywhere else.. its transformed my MR orientation issues.

Dave

I will help Ross out.. Just ask if you have any doubts as I have had a small shed load of his stuff just to see what it is!.. It is quality and I aint seen stuff like this anywhere else.. its transformed my MR orientation issues.

Dave

Maybe you should get this guy along to the uk meet up? It would give us all some low cost things to buy (we all like to take something home from an event) AND we could have a word with him face to face about his font choice ;-)

Emowillcox

Hey Droider any chance you got your last email order on these lights.. maybe you can PM it to me? I want order some lights but after looking at that PDF file I got a bit confused.
I like the bright lights and the flashing lights you showed in this thread.... thanks for your help and great find!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Emo which flashing lights? the stobes or the fades?

The bright ones, white, green and red are the super lights.. page 8, £5.75 each.. you need to specify either 4.9 or 6 volts for the resistor.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Hi Dave
I like the fades best but would like to order both.
Dave I'm thinking 6v but did you have a preference?

As the actual LED's are designed to operate on 3.5v max, I would hazard that the choice of 4.8v or 6v comes down to what voltages are already available on your machine - unless you want to lug around an extra battery pack. As your two available voltages are normally supplied by the main LiPo and the FC, 4.8v (okay, 5v) would be the simpler choice. But then if you have a spare 6v BEC lying around you can save the FC the trouble and supply the LED's from the LiPo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave
I like the fades best but would like to order both.
Dave I'm thinking 6v but did you have a preference?

On my ADX3 I power my superlights from the same CC bec that I use for my camera mount servos at 6.5 volts so I ordered the lights with a 6 volt resistor but I have no control over them.. they are just on all the time.

On My ADX3HL I have used a separate hobbyking 6 volt bec via the extension PCB so I have control either by a radio channel and via the outputs of the FC.

If you just want to power say two of them then you could come off a MK FC servo output at 4.9v. OR he also sells a programmable switch unit so you could activate them via a channel on your radio..

If you come off the FC then you want the 4.9v resistors..

Hope that makes sence.. I know the site and PDF are hard to fathom but the led's are the dogs jobber!

I guess you could wire 3 or 4 in series and power them direct from the lipo but i aint tried that

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I bought a ubec like this to power all my lights directly from the main lipo at 5v:

View attachment 1204

Attachments

• 4bf7618b7e7b3_31681b.jpg
    4bf7618b7e7b3_31681b.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 327

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Hi Dave,

Have you ever used the 'TRACO' regulators with the Ext. PCB? I am wondering how accurate/stable their output voltage is for powering the LED's.

What mah LiPo's do you use with the ADX3HL and what sort of flight times do you expect with a full payload?

I will have to wait until the AD8HLE is built and ready to find out whether to use a single 6600mah or double 5000's. The trouble is two 5000 packs, added to the 5D, are heading into kg. overload territory and a single 6600 might give rather puny flight times. Just curious because what will be ... will be.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

Have you ever used the 'TRACO' regulators with the Ext. PCB? I am wondering how accurate/stable their output voltage is for powering the LED's.

What mah LiPo's do you use with the ADX3HL and what sort of flight times do you expect with a full payload?

I will have to wait until the AD8HLE is built and ready to find out whether to use a single 6600mah or double 5000's. The trouble is two 5000 packs, added to the 5D, are heading into kg. overload territory and a single 6600 might give rather puny flight times. Just curious because what will be ... will be.

I use the one Gunter just posted on the extension PBC.. I aint tried the Traco.

I am right on the limit of MTOW with my ADX3 HL with two 5000mah 4c overlanders, AV130 and 550D. At the moment I have tried flying her with three battery packs, one as just a weight and with the two 5000mah I get about 15 mins.. I recon I will get about 8 mins fully loaded with about 2mins in reserve before I hit min voltage at 3.3 per cell. The 550D may be over kill for what I want for now as I find the Nex5 seems to get most of what I want. If I am going to fly the 550D regularly I may build a ADX4HL which will give me an extra 500g of payload..but for now I can fulfill client requirement with Nex5.

Dave

Dave

Sebbie

With all the kit being ordered, maybe we could make a selection of videos and let him use them for his website, save a lot of confusion for the guys yet to find him.

Sebbie :)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I did sort of but I will make one when my next batch arrive and show how I modify the super leds to fit my frames..

Dave

Emowillcox

HI Dave.. was just getting ready to order some lights and could not remember if you posted the info on your flashing /fade lights.. do you
remember if it was this FADE UP/PEAK INTENSITY/FADE DOW FLASHER UNIT on the PDF page 13?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
FADE UP/PEAK INTENSITY/FADE DOWN FLASHER UNI

as his PDF is on my video and is the three red lights but I think you can specify what colour you want. Also you need to tell him what voltage you want to use

Dave