JR Tx programing for Naza Lite w/6 ch Rx

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
A genuine nubie question here -

I am in the process of doing a quad build project with my grandson. For flight control we are using a Naza Lite and for communication we are presently using a JR 9503 and a Spektrum AR 610 6 ch receiver. My plan is to get something like a Spektrum DX6 for the grandson. My thinking was that for a fun quad six channels should be adequate and would even provide enough channels to set the quad up for DJI’s three modes, failsafe, and even IOC. The Naza, of course has the usual A,E,T,R channels, U for the flight mode switch.. You would then need an aux channel for the IOC. The AR 610 has A,E,T, R, Gear (U) and Aux 1. I have read the JR manual (it’s lousy IMHO) and watched multiple videos on how to do this but, the Aux 1 channel seems to become inoperable in the setup process. It shows up in the Naza Lite DJI Assistant but either tracks the U channel or doesn’t do anything depending on the JR programming. Clearly I don’t fully understand what I am doing here and would really appreciate it if someone could straighten me out or steer me to somewhere with a good explanation.

I built a F450 with a Naza M V2 during Bart’s group build and got through all the programing by copying what I saw on videos (I know, dangerous). My 450 flies great but my Rx has more than 6 channels to work with.

Thanks in advance.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The 9503 is not the easiest radio to program but it certainly has enough features to do what you need done.

Program using acro mode rather than heli, make sure your channels are all going the correct direction according to Naza Assistant, adjust endpoints as needed use gear for IOC and Aux1 for flight mode, add a custom mix for failsafe override and that is about it.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
The 9503 is not the easiest radio to program but it certainly has enough features to do what you need done.

Program using acro mode rather than heli, make sure your channels are all going the correct direction according to Naza Assistant, adjust endpoints as needed use gear for IOC and Aux1 for flight mode, add a custom mix for failsafe override and that is about it.

So are you saying plug the gear channel on the Rx to the Naza aux 1 port and plug the Rx Aux 1 to the Naza U - I have it the other way now.

Thanks Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
It really does not matter which channel you use rather that you make a choice as you are use separate leads for each channel so choose one and go from there, either will work fine.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
It really does not matter which channel you use rather that you make a choice as you are use separate leads for each channel so choose one and go from there, either will work fine.

OK thanks - I'll try to make that work.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Usually best to get started and then ask when something is not doing what you want it to do.

Rgolfer

Gearing Up to Fly
Usually best to get started and then ask when something is not doing what you want it to do.

Thanks again for all the help. After considerable messing with the TX programming I got it all to work. For anyone interested here are screen shots of how I set up the JR 9503 to work with the Naza M Lite.

Device setup Mix setup

attachment.php
attachment.php

Additionally I connected the Aux1 on the RX to the Aux 2 on the Naza.

Richard

With this setup the JR Flight Mode switch switches the flight modes, the Gear switch invokes failsafe, and the Aux2 switch switches the IOC modes.

Attachments

• JR screen 1_edited-1.jpg
    JR screen 1_edited-1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 177
  • JR screen2_edited-1.jpg
    JR screen2_edited-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 171