Jeti DC16 unboxing

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Where did you guys buy your DC 16, just made the decision it will be my cristman present to myself. Just they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Also thinking about the DS 16 since I am more the hand held radio guy

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmmm whats the difference between [h=1]DC-16 2,4GHZ DUPLEX 8/0/0/A FERNST. M2/4[/h]
and

[h=1]DC-16 2,4GHZ DUPLEX 8/9/0/A FERNST. M2/4[/h]
?

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Red for a quick flight is the dc16 light enough to hold it in hands or to big and heavy ?

Thanks

Boris

If you remove the stick extensions you can but you are not going to be comfortable. Its not the weight thats a problem just the distance of the edge of the tx to the sticks. I have short fingers and can fly just fine just not confortable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ordered the whole lot with sensors etc. for two setup. Also got this 3 switch extension for one of the sticks. Lets see if this works out nicely using it for the flight modes and quick fly while holding the DC 16 in my hands.

Thanks for the Infos Red !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hooking up two current sensors at a time is no problem or ? Both displayed in the DC 16 ?

When I asked around on the forums I got an unofficial yes. I have two MUI 200ex sensors but I had no time to try both sensors at the same time. I will try to find some time this week.

Boris did you go for the DS or the DC?

plingboot

can anyone offer any hints on setting up a single cable ppm connection between the dc-16, r9 receiver and a naza?

plingboot

two things today.

firstly i had some help from espritmodels in the USA with regard to dual receivers and ppm and they suggest using the clone function so you have a master and slave set-up, with no connection between them, thus no unplugging loads of wires when you split the body from the legs. they aldo said to use multi wire connections rather than ppm, to remove an extra processing step from the equation. just waiting for another rx to arrive to try this out.

btw if you set up cloning, the slave becomes dumb with no way back unless you buy an old jeti box, which has a physical rx connection. this lets you put it back to full function, but the same cant be done with the dc-16 alone.

second, saw a link to this which is a third party multi function telemetry dongle, available in various connector type and takes up almost zero space.

just ordered one.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Had the unilog 2 didn't see the unisense 2 yet. But that thing make sense small cheap and all the main telemetry in it that you need. Gonna get one for my S800.
DC 16 should arrive this coming week and luckily i still have my old jeti box. Ordered several different RXs lets see what constellation i can work out.

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Just got the DC 16 earlier than expected ! Amazing radio ! Quality of the build is not comparable to the other stuff i hand on hands before !

Boris

The sat already outputs PPM. The new software will allow PPM out for standard receivers, at least this is what Esprit USA says.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Actually thats what i wanted to do. 2 RSats one for WKM and the other for the Zenmuse. One put to slave all over the DC 16 for one man operation. Lets see if it works.

Boris

Dubliners

Just ordered a DC 16 myself. Can't wait for youse lads to figure it out and then tell me :). Are you going with the Profi box or can you use the DJI osd with the dc 16?