Is the F550 frame professional AP worthy?

Considering the F550 frame now I really just can't decide! I Hope to carry the mkTR landing gear/mount with it, undecided camera, a video tx, video converter for the tx, OSD, and WKM. Would I have problems with this frame? Is anyone doing AP with the F550 frame? I want to run 10" props on 4s and will replace the stock motors. Will this be a good platform?

I have also considered the S800 frame, but it's just so expensive IDK if I can make myself spend that much..

Well I did decided to go with the F550 frame with a goal for AP. Everything is ordered to get me started, minus camera and gimbal.

I decided to use sunnysky v2216 800kv motors with 4s packs, and 10" props. I'll carry a mkTR/aeroxcraft/x468 gimbal haven't decided, with a nex5n or nex7 and hope to get around 12 min flights. I'll start a thread when I start building

This is what I got for everything including FPV gear. Probably another 800-1000g for camera/gimbal, it should work :D
ecalc800kv-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewster

I'm also interested in building a F550. Do you think that the frame is strong enough to support Nex 5 camera, 2 axis gimbal, landing gear, 6000 mah battery, Avroto 2814/11s motors (mod to fit arms)? The F450 is pretty strong.

I plan to use the F550 frame with 10" props and 4s packs to lift all of that. Should work fine, but you could always get aerialmediapro's arm extensions and use 12" props if you need more power