Is anyone using a Devo7 with their Naza?

redcloud

I am sooo close. I'd having trouble programming the Devo7. Is it just me or are there better and easier transmitters out there? I admit I didn't pay a lot of money for it, but it's awkward to program and flimsy.

I have programmed the control mode switch but if I turn off the transmitter it does not automatically switch to the failsafe mode, which I understand is essential.

And..it doesn't fly. I only get flashing yellow lights when I try to arm.

I don't have any local friends into this hobby to see if their transmitter will work instead of the Devo7.

As you can tell, I'm very new to this. I'm building a DJI 550. I started with an inexpensive KK board which which was very hard to control (probably due to me), so I bit the bullet and bought a Naza v.2. And I'd really like to get it in the air!

Thanks for any ideas.

Don

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Have you done the calibration in the naza assistant to make sure that the FC is seeing the correct modes as well as the fail safe based on your switch position?

I believe the yellow lights typically mean there is a connection issue between the tx and the FC.

I tried to help another member here with that transmitter - but it has been a while. I recall it being a bit of a pain, and eventually he bought a Taranis.

redcloud

Motopreserve: Thanks for the feedback, yes, it seems to be a communication problem. I think I will upgrade my transmitter. You mentioned the Taranis? Someone else recommended a Futaba. What do you use with the Naza? Due to the cost, I want to make sure I'm buying the right thing. I might start a new thread and get as much feedback as I can.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I have run the Taranis and the X8R (included in a package of you prefer) along with various telemetry modules with Naza, SuperX and Multiwii.

I owned a Futaba 14SG, but after trying the Taranis, I sold it. It was a nice radio - but the OpenTx companion software, with the ability to edit my models right there on the computer, made the Futaba tedious for me.

The Taranis doesn't feel quite as sturdy or solid in your hands as the 14SG does, but it was not a cheap feeling. Maybe just a bit less weight.

There is a bit of a learning curve to the Taranis and its software - but plenty of tutorials around the net. The pros far outweigh the little time it will take to get familiar, IMHO.