IOSd to PC connection issue

Mick Koi

hi, I've recently bought and fitted an iosd mini to my P2 but after using it i realised there was no height/distance/satellites etc showing, so spoke to the supplier who i got it off and they advised it will definitely need an update if its been fitted straight out the box...ok no problem i thought...but after downloading the assistant software, and hooking it up, there is no data connection from the PC to the iosd, i know this because the neither of the 2 lights in the connection indicator are lit up? ever! iv tried 3 different wires, and nothing at all...?
Ive got the wire going from the iosd mini to the laptop, the P2 is then switched on, lights and sound etc etc but no connection?

any ideas chaps??

Thanks in advance...

Mick Koi

Have you installed the driver?

hi, when you say the driver, I'm not to sure what you mean? if you could explain please, thanks very much, iv spoken to Buzzflyer this morning, they advised to uninstall then re install the assistant software, which i have and still no connection from the PC to the iosd, thanks

Mick Koi

I've updated the controller and the p2 in the correct order, and there both showing no updates needed now, but still when i plug the iosd into the iosd assistant, theres no connection?

Mick Koi

Mick,

The driver lets the PC talk to the other device the USB is connected to. Go to this page - http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download scroll down till you see the Win Driver and install it. That should take care of your connection issues.

lee iv downloaded the driver (thanks) and the assistant software V 4.0, now the communication between the iosd assistant and the PC is working, iv managed to upgrade the firmware successfully. but when i open the naza M assistant, this may be a daft question but where do i plug the the cable into? into the P2 or the controller etc, because the software isn't recognising the connection when i plug it into either.. thanks pal

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
lee iv downloaded the driver (thanks) and the assistant software V 4.0, now the communication between the iosd assistant and the PC is working, iv managed to upgrade the firmware successfully. but when i open the naza M assistant, this may be a daft question but where do i plug the the cable into? into the P2 or the controller etc, because the software isn't recognising the connection when i plug it into either.. thanks pal

You need to read the manual a couple of times to comprehend / remember all of the details of the various DJI products. I have it located on my desktop so I can access it when I bring the assistant up. After you have done that let me know if you are still having problems.

leor

Once you go into the assistant software and put it into datamode (Mode where it turns your IOSD into a filesystem drive) I had an issue where windows used the same DJI serial com driver. I had to go into device manager and select the mass storage driver and then it showed up.

Device manager as in, right cllick on my computer-> system properties-> device manager