Intelligent Mode or Immediately Mode for motors????

Cswann821

Hey everyone, I was just wondering who fly's in Intelligent Mode or Immediately Mode? Which is preferred for sport flying or FPV the most?? Any pros or cons? I'm just trying to decide.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
intelligent is what I fly with, I believe if you use immediate mode, as soon as you drop your throttle below 10% the motors shut down. In intelligent mode, I have a few seconds before they shut down.

CrashMaster

Use Intelligent mode for the reasons above. It would be a little traumatic having the motors cut mid-air.... at least with intelligent mode there are a few seconds before the cut and if they do as long as you raise the throttle above 10% immediately they power on again.

janoots2

I use immediate for safety reasons. If you need to cut power because your craft is going to tip over on an uneven landing or heading toward something you don't want it to, it's better that they stop immediately. Saves props too. However, just make sure you count the safety time before you approach your craft after landing in case you bump your sticks when turning off the camera and unplugging your batteries as a precaution.

If you're below 10% in intelligent mode, your craft is already free falling...

Last edited by a moderator:

eyeball

Have you tried cutting the throttle right back whilst in intelligent mode...I think you'll find the motors do not cut out after a few seconds, they will continue to run just fast enough for a quickish des
cent. I think they only cut once the controller knows that there's no descent and the throttle is below 10%.

olof

Osprey
Also in intelligent mode the motors will cut power if MR leans more than 70º in Atti. This is a great safety.

janoots2

Right but if your craft is heading for something it shouldn't, you can't stop the props on intelligent mode. I'd rather be able to brick my craft and have it drop if need be without the props still spinning.

olof

Osprey
Right but if your craft is heading for something it shouldn't, you can't stop the props on intelligent mode. I'd rather be able to brick my craft and have it drop if need be without the props still spinning.

That is a good point. Every technology in its infancy goes through a design curve, to make them safe.

Maybe a parachute and stop everything switch will be legislated like airbags soon. Or a small nuclear device to instantly vaporize the danger.:shame:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I use immediate but I also use two throttle curves. I do this purely for safety. When I want to kill the motors, I want to kill them then and there but I also don't want to kill the motors by inadvertently descending too quickly. So, for take off and landing I have a bog standard throttle curve 0,25,50,75 and 100 and once I am in the air, my throttle curve goes to 15, 25, 50, 100 thus I cannot kill the motors mid air. I am an SR pilot too and so if need be in an emergency I am very quick to hit the throttle cut switch. This is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

In my opinion, if a pilot needs to immediately stop the props, that's why there is the CSC. It's immediate, but it takes a deliberate action.

I run Intelligent mode I descended from over a hundred feet buy just pulling back the throttle to dead stop and it did not cut the motors even after a long decent time. Also if i need to cut motors in emergency I perform the CSC

Personally, I prefer immediate. Mainly because those extra seconds after you cut you throttle can inflict more damage to whatever the props will be touching.The props get extended banging as well.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I also use immediate. I land in my hand so want those motors stopped straight away. I also think if your craft loses control I want to stop the props as soon as possible. Coming from helis I'm just used to throttle hold I think.