Intel 60 million into Yuneec

jfro

Aerial Fun
Looks like DJI is getting some much needed competition.
Intel knows a bit about technology. Should be interesting.

My take on DJI through my experience with a couple of their products, is the worse customer experience of my life for any product, products are released too early, but eventually work and sometimes work real good. Sometimes pricey and sometimes not. They charge as much as they can and get competitive when they see an advantage and will drop their price big time.

Now, with Intel investing in a competitor plus GoPro getting into the drone business, as well as 3D Robotics ramping up, DJI will have to put as much effort into customer service as they do into new products to stay viable in the long run. There is no reason they can't based on their market share, but the technology industry moves fast, so Im guessing we will see some more major changes in the industry during the next 12-24 months.

We think things have changed big time the last 3-5 years, I'm expecting it to change even faster now with intel and their 60 million dollar investment.

feature=youtu.be

violetwolf

Interesting.

Although, I honestly wonder if the market is large enough to support all these players. Personally I think not.. But time will tell.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Interesting.

Although, I honestly wonder if the market is large enough to support all these players. Personally I think not.. But time will tell.

It totally is. Right now, 90% of the world thinks "Drones" are DJI.
Most have no clue about the DIY approach.

Heck even 3DR is hardly known. Young has been making multi's for several companies for quite some time now and has developed into a pretty solid system, on their own they were achieving the quality level of DJI, with 60M in the development tank, I'm pretty stoked about this....

violetwolf

It totally is. Right now, 90% of the world thinks "Drones" are DJI.
Most have no clue about the DIY approach.

No argument there. I'd LOVE to see DJI get a good bum kicking!

Im thinking the general public will probably have a short "fad" with drones though. Many companies are quick to tout the possibilities for use... But you and I know there's really not a lot of uses due to short flight times, poor load carrying capacity, dangerous props etc.

I'm thinking mostly about Amazon's plans for delivering goods etc.

I DO see a lot of potential in police and military sector.. Limited range search and rescue etc. But widespread domestic use I'm not so sure.

Not arguing, just thinking out loud.