Insurance

1lifefilm

Hi All

Do any of you have experience of Coverdrone insurance from John Heath. I've been given a quote of around £800 annual premium for £5M public liability and £6K of equipment.

Whilst it looks like a robust policy, the number of clauses around equipment and some of the excesses seem excessive!

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Simon

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I do indeed. Switched from John Heath over the summer as I needed wind turbines, indoor flight and professional indemnity without paying more.

£5M PL comes as standard along with 100K professional indemnity.

My premium for John Heath was around £850 and with Ravenhall it is £550, and you get a little more for your money also.

Cool?

Ronan

WOAH that's cheap insurance.... I'm looking at £3800 for a similar plan here for about £4 mil public liability...

1lifefilm

Hi Ben. Thanks for getting back, Ravenhall seems like a no brainer! Ops manual now all approved and looks like Steve Holland might be doing my flight test..

Sorry to hear about your mother Ben, all the best and speak soon.

Best Wishes

Simon

henrysj

Got my quotes back today and Ravenhall came out massively cheaper - £1453 compared to £746. Ravenhall also have a smaller excess which doesn't increase for flying over water or being in your first year as a qualified CAA pilot etc.