Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Inspire battery capacity rapidly drops in flight

Discussion in 'DJI Inspire RTF Multimedia Quad' started by Shaun Stanton, Nov 17, 2015.

Did anyone recently experience a battery drop in flight from 55% to 5% (Ballpark)?

1. Yes (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, but I had a battery % drop with different parameters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, so far I am lucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jfro

jfro Aerial Fun

Aug 23, 2011
    Upstate NY.
    Posted by jfro, Nov 19, 2015 #21
    I use this. It's 50W 12 v bulbs. Wired up to be 150w @ 24 volts. The middle black/red middle wires are connected I use the EC5 connector soldered on to a DJI cable that goes from battery to the remote.

I have 4 batteries and a honda generator so I never take 6,8, or 10 batteries. 4 works pretty good, maybe 5 next year. I also don't have the dji dumb ass discharge them if I don't have to. Don't want to burn down the house. I just don't trust them. I have 1 1/2 acres so can always find a few minutes to fly them for 7-8 minutes to get them down to 3.8v. They get there faster than one would think.

I mainly use my bulb setup to discharge the last 10-15% when I recycle but did use them once to discharge a couple using a volt meter to monitor them. If I was going to do this a lot I'd build a full enclosure with a fan. Could just put a buck converter on the input and run 5 or 12 volts to a fan that would start up when you plug in a batter.

If you want to discharge slower, just do 2x2 bults for 100 watts draw at 24 v. View attachment 26863

Attached Files: