Information Notice IN 2014/115

1lifefilm

Hi All

I was interested to read the above notice just emailed to me today. So as I understand it if your wanting to fly in a congested area with an over 7kg machine then you'll need to fulfil an airworthiness requirement and a safety assessment. Do you require a separate safety assessment for each and every job you do or does 1 assessment cover you for a range of work in congested areas...within reason?

Cheers

Simon

adanac

Scotland, Tierra del Fuego, St. Petersburg, Houston? Where are you speaking of? I doubt the FAA uses kilograms but I couldn't say for sure.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi All

I was interested to read the above notice just emailed to me today. So as I understand it if your wanting to fly in a congested area with an over 7kg machine then you'll need to fulfil an airworthiness requirement and a safety assessment. Do you require a separate safety assessment for each and every job you do or does 1 assessment cover you for a range of work in congested areas...within reason?

Cheers

Simon

This is from October this year onwards. It basically means you'll need to do a safety case for each job in a congested area, not much different to what we do now to be honest. The emphasis is on the safety case rather than the airworthiness component.