In defense of DJI props

Bison52

I know everybody hates DJI props but I've got to say, I've had pretty good luck with them. I've got a set of Graupner 10 in. and I'm sure I'll use them when I graduate to more serious AP work but dang, you land a little bit crooked and you'll break one But I've used a bunch of DJI 10 inch props and the only ones that have broken on me have been when I've crashed them into something. Even when that happens, it's surprising how many survive.

I balance them, inspect them religiously and check the prop nut before every flying session and I don't really have any vibration issues with a hard mounted GoPro.

When I balanced the last batch, I was surprised at how close they were right out of the box. They required no more tuning than the batch of 12 10" Graupners I got and I think my hexa likes the more flexible props, especially in the constant West Texas wind.

I do think that using 3s only with the 10 inch is important, no locktite, and don't over tighten. 4s is gonna stress the heck out of them.

Just my two cents.

Mike

hover

Yes I used 10'' Dji props for 2 month and had +30 flights without problems. But now I changed to Graupner and the videos are wobble free and I just feel secure.

Dewster

I read so many negative reviews about DJI props. I've seen enough videos of prop failures bringing down craft. I use APC props right now and want to grab some carbon fiber ones in the future. And yes... I check my props religously too, especially the prop nuts. I've noticed nicks on my props that I think I got from insect strikes during flight. ... anyway... I can't afford having my craft fall from the sky. It's good that you have faith in DJI props. You'll mostly hear complaints from people that have had prop failures. I'm sure there are many who have not. The negative reviews were enough for me to stay away though.

r4nd0m

some stores in Germany already state, that they no longer sell/provide DJI props with their kits, Graupners only and they state: "for security reasons" ... I had another one pop the other day, I guess I'll use up my spares and then switch to other props myself - its just annoying when 1 or more pop at the same time, dont want to carry multiple sets with me all the time ...

Jackella

i had a DJI prop snap midair a few days ago,after about 10 ATTI FPV flights it was ok till i flew in manual hard!!