Ikarus on order.

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
Thanks to everyone on here for such good help and advice. Next week will see the arrival of our Heliguy Ikarus Octo. and Movi10. I intend getting a few hours in before fitting a camera which is going to be a Flare initially. We are going to use a prime 'standard' lens until we have solved all the remote zoom issues. We are also looking towards a GH4 as a standby.
Will let you know how it goes, better than this I hope!

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
That's what happens when you fly in manual! I bet that he lost orientation and over commanded the return, over corrected and then by the time it was over him, all orientation lost. Orientation loss happens to the best pilots. Enjoy the Ikarus!

hexhome

That was exactly my conclusion! I'm not convinced that he was aware he was in manual, there was certainly no need to be. Not sure that Naza is ideally suited to larger multicopters either.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
There was a huge discussion on that video and the owner chimed in, there was a FC problem. The guy is an excellent pilot (3D helicopters and all) and tried going between modes... Everyone jumped on the guy and gave their 2 cents, and it ended up the guy was very knowledgeable and experienced.

Please post pics of your rig when you get it!

hexhome

Attachments

• 1-DSC_0050.JPG
    1-DSC_0050.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 76