Humbled...

Old Man

Yea, there's some code confusion between the GPS and compass with a particular product and periodically they get pretty confused. TechBill hit the nail pretty solid when he referenced personnel with the talent levels of Boeing, etc. Some of them are taking advantage of a solid code foundation, open source or not, and building it out to what's needed for payload suitability. He undervalued the payload value a bit though.

I think Lockheed swallowed Procerus just for their FC. It wasn't long afterwards L/M suddenly came up with what they consider a commercial quality FC. Last number I heard for it was in the area of $15k as the starting point with increases for options.

TechBill

Yea, there's some code confusion between the GPS and compass with a particular product and periodically they get pretty confused. TechBill hit the nail pretty solid when he referenced personnel with the talent levels of Boeing, etc. Some of them are taking advantage of a solid code foundation, open source or not, and building it out to what's needed for payload suitability. He undervalued the payload value a bit though.

I think Lockheed swallowed Procerus just for their FC. It wasn't long afterwards L/M suddenly came up with what they consider a commercial quality FC. Last number I heard for it was in the area of $15k as the starting point with increases for options.

About Lockheed FC ....

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/procerus/kestrel.html

Be sure to check out the video on it ....

Bill

Old Man

Not sure what you meant by the continuing dots in the watch the video sentence. Please elaborate. I may be way off on the price point but the number I used was what I had heard about it. I did not verify. It does look like the biggies are targeting the same markets commercial MR's and people like us have been going after, but I already knew that since I work for one of them.

Another outfit developing what may well eventually be a superb FC is Cloud Cap Tech, but they are pretty tight lipped about it. It's alleged to be somewhat "self aware" and continually learns about the aircraft it controls, modifying the control algorithms for the airframe type as time passes. All it needs are basic airframe parameters to get it started and from there adapts to fit the airframe without further user input.

TechBill

Not sure what you meant by the continuing dots in the watch the video sentence. Please elaborate. I may be way off on the price point but the number I used was what I had heard about it. I did not verify. It does look like the biggies are targeting the same markets commercial MR's and people like us have been going after, but I already knew that since I work for one of them.

Another outfit developing what may well eventually be a superb FC is Cloud Cap Tech, but they are pretty tight lipped about it. It's alleged to be somewhat "self aware" and continually learns about the aircraft it controls, modifying the control algorithms for the airframe type as time passes. All it needs are basic airframe parameters to get it started and from there adapts to fit the airframe without further user input.

Posted this in wrong thread sorry it was 3am when I posted =P

Bill

TechBill

Posted this in wrong thread sorry it was 3am when I posted =P

Bill

I was telling someone else in another thread about the Lockheed FC and the video was showing that it primary goal and uses seem to be on gear toward commercial and police / military uses not hobby. That FC probably cost an arm and leg.

Bill