Howdy from Texas!

TheCrashCast

Hey gang! I am so happy to see a world-wide Multi-Rotor community in internetland!

Thanks to Matwelli for turning me onto this cool place! I can see I'll be spending some serious time here! LOL

A little about me:

My name is Michael "Crash" Hancock, and I have been suffering from RC addiction for almost 30 years now (this is where you all chime in - "Hi, Crash"). If it can be controlled from a distance, you can pretty much bet that I've played with it. LOL

I had been keeping the Multi-Rotor stuff at arm's length and figured that I would get into it "one day". That day finally came a few weeks ago when a buddy of mine "demystified" the Arduino/Wii stuff for me. I now have a STABLE Tri, am constructing a Quad, and am also wanting to put a Y6 in the air soon. Can you say "HOOKED"? LOL

A couple of years ago, I created a little podcast so that I would have a vehicle for helping people succeed in the RC Hobby. I was fortunate in my early days of the hobby to have many wise and skilled individuals show me the ropes. I figure that it is my responsibility to pay the hobby back by sharing all that I have learned! The motto of my show is "A Quality RC Experience Without Breaking The Bank".

Well, that's enough about me. ;) Now I'm off to lurk the site and see what cool stuff I can learn!!

matwelli

Welcome Crash, good to see you here - the power of twitter i guess :)

Crash's podcast is here www.thecrashcast.com always good for a listen.

Saw the photos of the new quad frame, looks very nice, what material did you cut it out of, and was that done on the Phlatprinter MK3 or the overhead gantry ?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Thecrashcast... We learn something new everyday no matter how experienced we are.. WELCOM and bring it on.. looking forward to your experience and HELP.. I just been in to rc for 6 months so I am sure you will have loads to teach us ..

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Welcome Mr. Crashcast and thanks for taking a minute to introduce yourself! I really like reading the intro posts for some reason.
Good luck and enjoy the site!
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Welcome aboard! I've been RC'ing various things since the late 1970's, still have a few nitro powered ground based toys as well as some nitro and gasoline powered things that fly, mostly with big single rotors overhead.

Speaking of Texas, I work for a company based just north of Austin and I'll be heading down that way for the week of the 21st this month, always enjoy the warmer climate down there when its still winterish up here!

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi theCrashcast... Michael. Dont know your motto can possibly apply to multirotors but heres wishing :rolleyes:

Anyhow nice to have you on board, I am just coming up to my sixth month on the sticks and my wallet is empty.. I am all ears on how to make my RC experience a quality one with out spending any more wedge ;)

Post up some pics of your kit.. I love to see toys.. Bartman started a thread 'show your other rides' It was amazing what we all have lurking in the garage! so dont be shy

Dave